Copper Prospecting

So I managed to make it back home safe and sore.

Some quick observations:

The milky way is real.

I choked at least 5 times a day after swallowing flies.

I will never complain about the price of dim sims and cans of coke from the fish and chip shop, they were $2.75 and $4.95 respectively. Petrol was around $2.10 a litre.

I didn’t see one snake or kangaroo. I did see lots of lizards, cattle and weird insects. And for some reason a ceramic toilet bowl on top of the Parry Rangers near the road to Tom Price.

There is mineralization everywhere. And Iron, lots of iron. And though it made my job easier, others should clean up their drilling waste. God knows how many old shafts and quartz veins we found.

Pilbara is clearly aboriginal for “closest to the sun”. 40 plus everyday.

I wore out two sets of boots and broke a backpack from carrying too many rocks samples.

Dampier and Karratha were really nice. The week at the Nanutarra roadhouse, less so.

There was an oddly large number of Frenchmen and women.

I can understand why exploration is so expensive.

Thanks for the replys guys, hope the boss asks me back again soon.

Well that was quick! The ink had barely dried on your last post and you’re back again!

And $2.75 for a DIMMIE??? Geddoudahere. Seriously? That’s outback robbery.

You should have filled up on the flies instead…about the same protein value, and at least you know what’s in a fly. :smiley:

Well the flies were free at least and plenty of them. I must have eaten 80 bucks worth of the worlds most expensive dim sims in a week.