Cost of boiling water

Just for the record, I use my microwave oven to heat up the dishes before serving when I cook something that cools fast, for instance thin fish fillets or small omelettes. Put the dish in the microwave, put a couple of spoonfuls of water it, cover with the next dish and repeat for as many dishes you need. Start the microwave set at high for a minute, leave the door closed when it stops. When the meal is ready, take the warm dishes from the microwave, pour the water away and serve the food. I don’t think this costs me more than 2 or 3 € a year and is worth it.
For tea an electric kettle is perfect, specially if you invenst in the ones with adjustble temperature. Some teas only need 60°C*, others boiling water, others anything in between. Using the right temperature for the different tea varieties is noticeably better.

* I am not asking you to convert to the metric system, it is not a religion, I just ask that if you are interested in how much 60°C are in Fahrenheit, you look it up, not me.