Could a fully grown chimpanzee or gorilla rape a human female?

I happened into this thread merely to mention a favorite Charles Addams cartoon:

A huge male gorilla is striding through the jungle carrying an unconscious blond woman, when, coming into a clearing, he spots a female gorilla accompanied by two baby gorillas. The male’s comment is:

“Uh-oh.”

None of the above should be construed as approving of, or making light of interspecific primate misbehavior in the stated context.

This is an old post, but being I just stumbled into it, I guess I can put my two cents into it…having spent a great deal of time with primates myself…

One thing to note is that in the wild, primates have to spend a great deal of their time having to look for food. Then there’s grooming. For a female, taking care of her infant takes a lot of energy and for males, jocking for position in the social structure. All this takes a great deal of their mental ability and time. Take any one factor away and you have a bored primate who will start to come up with incredible things. For example, when Jane Goodall began feeding the chimps at Gombe, they began to exhibiting behaviours not seen in other groups, like infighting. Idle hands is the devil’s work. Wild orangs with feeding stations gives them time to do things like…raping a worker.

So, a captive primate has all the time in the world to think, that’s why they are masters at escaping from sanctuaries. They don’t have to think about the basics…that being said…

Orangutan rape - as stated in this thread, it has been documented that male orangutans have been known to rape or try to rape human females. One tried to do this to actress Julia Roberts but he was stopped before anything could be done. www.salon.com/books/review/2001/08/23/primates

On another note, a FEMALE orang was used as a prostitute in a village in Indonesia… http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2007/11/if_turning_an_o

Orangs as well as other primates are very very smart, they get it - they know where certain body parts are…I can’t prove it, but I’m sure they look as us as being similar to them…and under our pants has to be what they have as well.

Orangs have small penises, but as with humans, a small penis can do whatever a large one can do. And they, males and females, have been known to have sex in every which way with each other.

Orangutan females have been known to have forced sex with their own infants, weeks after just giving birth to them. This is why you don’t know what the mind of a primate is like if it’s locked up.

Gorillas - in the wild, gorillas are very to their group. I’ve never heard of a gorilla rape in the wild. Even when humans interacted in the 70’s with humans, it was never recorded. In a zoo, a lone male, I guess it is possible. Both lone males and females will masturbate, rub their genitals on things, etc.

Remember, these primates are very sexual and very very strong and they have FOUR hands. Two to pin someone down and two more to maul…and a mouth as well with sharp teeth.

Chimps - there have been times where females in heat have presented themselves to their male handlers through the cage. Once a female begins to show signs of being in heat, it is almost impossible to keep as a pet. In the wild, females sometimes forces themselves on to a male, so I could see this happening with a human.

But as a male gets older and hits maturity, he is going to do whatever he can to show a female handler he is the alpha male. This is why they have to be caged. In the wild, chimps have other things on their minds than to think about wanting to rape a human (but there are anomalies, and it can happen). But a caged chimp, if in the right circumstances could easily overcome a female and do whatever, and that’s what one tried to do in Russia…through the cage, breaking the woman’s arm. Male chimps have been known to attack human males by removing their testicles (which happens between male chimps).

And the penis of a chimp is not as small as one would think…google “penis chimp” and you’ll see it’s bigger than you would expect. A bonobo’s penis is even bigger, speaking of which,

Bonobo - Bonobos are very very sexual, their genitals are bigger and even an infant female bonobo is born with a protruding clitoris. Males, females, adults, adolescents, infants, they all have sex between themselves. At Lola ya Bonobo, the infants constantly try to stick their private parts into the faces of their human handlers as well as every other conceivable thing…and these are the infants. Once they hit 4-5 years or so, they have to be put separate from the caretakers.

The lesson to this is that one has to be careful. We are primates as well and although we may think that our lesser “cousins” are stupid, they are far from it. Once hormones kick in, they don’t have the filter humans are built with.

One more thing, in a sanctuary, they separated the males from the females, the areas were about 100 feet away. The females would put their swollen parts against the cages and make noises and the males would jump up and down with erections against the cages. We are all sexual beings and it’s very normal, it’s nature. It’s when we, humans, upset the balance of their existence, you will find anomalies.

Here you go for gorillas!