Could This Actually Be Done? [LSD in NYC's water supply as a terrorist plot]

We actually “war-gamed” this sort of scenario at Ft. Richardson, Alaska about 20 years ago. We figured that a Spetznaz commando could dump enough water-soluablr psychedelic into Ship Creek to send Anchorage, Ft. Richardson, and Elmendorf AFB into Pretty-Colors Land. The spin we put on it was then setting fires around town. Since the substance was in the water, then the mist from the fire hoses would get those emergency personnel that didn’t drink it. Much hilarity ensues.

Don’t ask why we did this. Army Counter-Intelligence does shit like this all the time. :smiley:

That was a rumor started in 68 by the Yippies (who were Not terrorists!)
It was just a scare tactic.

Hear tell an even scarier threat; they may try to sneak some truth serum in the water… :wink:

nilla; Ohio Yippie Coordinator

I’ll back up what Biggirl says: New York tap water is excellent water. If it doesn’t taste that way in your kitchen, you must have some awfully cruddy pipes in your building. And even then running the taps for awhile should clean them up.

As I understand it, the Yippies’ plan to dose Chicago’s Lake Michigan with LSD during the 1968 Democratic Convention arose from a desire to help society along, not harm people. (Trivial Pursuit names the satirist Paul Krassner as the source of the idea.)

Ultimately it seems that this plan was just a lot of talk but the idea got lodged as kind of an urban legend.

According to Herodotus, it was the custom of the ancient Persians to reconsider soberly any decision made while drunk – and vice-versa.

Sometimes I think it would be better for America if all members of Congress and the Administration and the Cabinet were required to drop acid on alternate days.

Okay, you just sold me… when do we start producing the LSD? :smiley: