Could US Navy Submarines search for MH370?

But that is because so many things in the water give a sonar image the size of a mine ?
The sonar is designed to find large submarines and ships , and otherwise the seabed and reefs (wharves, shore ,etc). And you do these hunt in shallow water, which is very irregular

But the floor of the ocean is largely flat, and the aircraft is large compared to a mine ?

Submarines are doing important things ?? How many countries launched total war against the USA in the last year ? How many refugees jumped into submarines and had to be caught by submarines ? Is the duty cycle of “WWIII readyness” (eg 50% of the time they are ready in position ?) the important thing for the entire fleet ?

But how would we recover any evidence of that, even if we found the plane? It’s five clicks down! This may be a case where a conspiracy theory may have some facts behind it, but without a way to verify those facts it remains a CT.

And a protest without an announcement of what one is protesting is pointless.

But as has been explained to you, the main sonar arrays on a Navy submarine are not suited for imaging. The types of sonars that are suitable for imaging can only look at small areas of the seabed at any time. For example, this article discusses a sonar on a UUV that can image roughly the size of a football field at any one time, but the resolution on that is still too low to identify wreckage of a plane or ship.

Yes, they are. But given your responses in this thread, I don’t believe it’s worth attempting to explain further.