Could you cope with house arrest?

Not in this case. You’re not allowed out of the house period.

This past spring/summer, I was stuck indoors with extreme hip/back pain. I could barely make it to the bathroom or kitchen. My income wasn’t affected, since I’m on Social Security. My husband did food shopping and picked up my prescriptions, when he wasn’t away on business, but other than that I was on my own. I did lose 40 pounds. I got so sick of sitting at the computer or in front of the TV. The entire situation sucked.

It would be better than actual prison by a good margin, but it damned sure wouldn’t be easy. Especially because my wife’s health isn’t all that great, so I’m the one who does outdoor stuff with the Firebug, and there’s really nobody else to fill that role if I couldn’t. That part would hurt.

I work at home, so no problem there. At least until my contract runs out.
I have a liquor store that will deliver, so no problem there.
I have a grocery store/pharmacy that will deliver, so no problem there.
I have a bazillion restaurants that will deliver, so no problem there.
I really don’t like a whole lot of people, so no problem there.

All I’d really need is a really long leash so I could walk the dog by standing in the doorway and letting him go outside.

So - when can I start?

If I were permitted to go out in my back yard and garden or play with my dogs, I’d be ok with it. I’d miss running, but could get a treadmill. I’m in a major city and have internet, so anything needful can be delivered.

Duh - re-reading the OP told me that the backyard is off limits. So I guess my answer is no.

We don’t have pets that need to go outdoors, so that’s not an issue.

We live in an area where we could get most groceries delivered one way or another, so less of an issue. I assume you’re allowed to go onto the front stoop to bring in packages?

And, fortunately, I work from home anyway so that’s not an issue either.

It’d drive me buggy though. I mean, there are days I don’t leave the house now - last time I went outdoors was 2 days ago - but if I were not permitted, that’d be different.

The reality of house arrest might well allow for specific outings such as groceries and work..

Cleaned up, yes - moved out, nope (not allowed outside per the OP) :(.

Kind of like being at sea, yes?

You can push the bin out - you just cannot yourself go out.