Coup d'tat of USA: scenarios?

No. The Secret Service would politely walk him out the back door and into the moving van.

No more than the was it possible for Bush to do it - and he actually ‘talked’ about suspending elections at one point or another. (IIRC - please correct me if I’m wrong on that).

Sure, it’s possible.

What’s unlikely is that anyone would care.

Technically, YOU could refuse to leave the Oval Office, and declare martial law, if you can get an invitation. Nobody will listen, though.

I follow politics pretty closely, loathe Bush, and have no memory of him ever even hinting at that.

No, he didn’t. Certainly not publicly, nor in any insider’s recollections. (And there have been several published.)

True, often forgotten fact: Elections were actually for-real suspended on 9/11. It was New York’s primary day. The NY legislature rescheduled the primaries a few weeks later.

There was some talk about it during the 2004 elections if we were attacked by terrorists.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-07-11/politics/election.day.delay_1_election-day-terrorist-threat-level-ridge?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Thanks - I hadn’t seen that before. But it wasn’t the President, and Condi Rice seemed to be doing her best to scotch the rumor.

Don’t give Bush too much credit about being a strategist. I doubt he was involved in any real decision-making, ever.

You’re saying Florida was the scene of an attempted military coup?