Crafty Dopers.. Christmas presents?

Thanks! Fellow doper Mangetout has a guide on micrometeorite prospecting on his Atomic Shrimp website, with better pictures of the findings than I ever got, having both a crappy microscope and a crappy camera.

In theory, you could find some small bits visible to the naked eye, since they basically come in all sizes, from ‘speck of dust’ to ‘dinosaur extinction’. But everything I ever got was microscopic in size, and I’m not sure how good your chances are at finding anything bigger.

By the way, if you want to go hunting, now would be a great time – the Leonid shower is in full force, so your chances for a good yield are high.

For my girl officemates, I made these earrings.

The guys are getting these as tie clips.

I’m making this cute chick with a santa hat. I have a bunch of crochet bookmarks made and in the process of being made.

I’ve got some ornaments and snowflakes to do and some other animals.

I was going to do sugar scrubs, but forgot about them again this year. I might whip up a couple pairs of slippers.

I love making home made gifts. One of my favorites for giving money is the origami money plant. You can make it with any denomination bills, so it can be quite the frugal delight!

Food gifts are fun to make too. Anything that leaves a lasting impression. I like the idea of knitting or sewing something, but I’m not too good at needle crafts. Rug hooking, on the other hand…

LH

I was poking around this morning trying to find a craft for my son & friends to do this weekend and found these really cute snow globes. I’m definitely going to make these with my boys.