Craig Ferguson nails it again

I got something else Craig Ferguson can nail.

growls

Love him, hate that he’s on so late though. I miss about half his shows. Another reason to get DVR.

I didn’t really know him as anybody other than Mr. Wick from the Drew Carey Show until my mother pointed out an article where he was a speaker for the Presidential banquet (I think?) and he talked about his recent becoming an American. My respect for him as a comedian and just a guy in general shot through the roof after reading it. He’s great.

Thanks for sharing those, Smeghead and EJsGirl. I’ve always loved Craig, but I typically only catch his shows on Fridays when he’s not on past my bedtime.

Damn, he is really funny. I’ve never seen his show as I’m always in bed by then.

I just spent tonight pouring over his YouTube clips though.

This isn’t the first time he’s talked about voting from the perspective of an immigrant. He’s spot-on.

Here it is!

If you want more Craig Ferguson speaking on the election, get the 8/29 Real Time with Bill Mahr either on-demand from HBO or the free audio-only podcast from HBO through iTunes (or another podcatcher.) Heck, if you like Real Time and are too cheap to pay for HBO (like me), the podcast is great. It’s normally available about three days after the show airs, as is a second file every week giving the overtime segment. The only thing that would be better would be if it was a video podcast.

Here’s a link from back in his drinking days when he performed under the name Bing Hitler:

Why choose? Jon Stewart, Craig Ferguson sandwich- mmmmmmm.

Thanks - I think that was the other monologue I was thinking of when I posted the OP.

Seconded.

With Stephen Colbert waiting in the wings… oh, yeah–I’ll take that pizza delivery!

Makes me proud to be a Scot, like Craig!

Honestly though, great, great monologue.

Wow. Double wow…

He also performed at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, one year after Rich Little proved to be too wild and crazy and two years after Stephen Colbert got stabbed in the parking lot by Laura Bush.

He actually was a good balance between the two- edgier than Little (as were Edgar Bergen & Mortimer Snerd) but not as vicious as Colbert (not that I had a problem with that [wouldn’t have had the cajones, but had no problem with it]).

Highlight is when he tells the NY Times, who were boycotting it, to get over themselves for their self-righteousness.

I like the way you think, madam.

(Trying to figure out a way to get Hugh Laurie in on this…)

I’ve grown to really like Ferguson, mostly because he seems like a really nice guy.

One more video link - this is what gave him his Emmy nomination.

He’s apparently the guy who started the “Palin as naughty librarian” meme, which I did find funny.

Craig said:

Are you shitting me?

When a frickin’ comedian starts lecturing others on their responsibilities, he stops being a comedian and becomes a pompous scold. He needs to get over himself.