Craziest things you have spent money on.

6 dice made from Vesuvian lava.

Is this a velvet painting? Cuz that would be awesome.

A piece of trinitite, 1" in diameter. Cost me $35. It’s authentic; a co-worker checked it with his geiger counter.

A velomobile - basically a streamlined adult tricycle.

That just cries out for a new portmanteau word.

“Prostichutes.”

If that existed, it would probably become the crazyest thing money was ever spent on, bar none.

I paid $400 to have my cat x-rayed only to find out he was consipated and needed some cod liver oil. Damn Cat. :mad:

Oh, and I spent $4000 on a trip to Vegas with my girlfriend only to have her stab me in the chest the following week. :eek: She of course is the living embodiment of crazy thing.

Hopefully ex-girlfriend :eek:

“For all your airbornication needs.”

Darnit, I can’t think of it, but surely there must be one.

But I easily know the craziest thing I sold: my vanity license plates on eBay for $1000.

GO LKRZ

My motorcycle…so impractical, ditto.

My wife and I flew across country to attend a college football game. We lost. But it was otherwise a great trip.

I paid $4,000 for my custom-made dressage saddle. I call it my leather living room suite.

On the plus side, it is beautiful and I will ride in it for 20 years.

Shit, I forgot what a money pit owning horses can be. We dropped $7200 on eventing and dressage saddles back in June for Miss DrumBum. Seems like every time we hear from her she was just returning from the Dover Saddlery. :eek:

Well not me, but my husband bought me a really nice engagement ring. I was surprised he dropped as much cash as he did on it.

About $500 20 years ago on a rare 45 single.

£2500 on-the-spot downpayment on a new (to me) Mini Cooper when the transmission failed on the old one, and I broke down on the M3 during the morning rush hour. I had RAC tow me directly to the dealership and put the money down on the new one. That old one really pissed me off.

Most of my savings (at the time) to make a major house move/life change that I was assured by the majority of people I knew that it was a foolish venture.

Read all about it.