[QUOTE=Rick]
So you are telling me that either I have shit for brains or the Bank of America with its state of the fucking art computer system got the date, time, and location of when the card was swiped wrong. :rolleyes: Riiiiight. :dubious:
Mind you we are not talking about when the charge was posted, but rather when the card was swiped at point of sale. Furthermore when the bank read back to me all of the rest of my charges to verify if they were correct, all the dates, times and locations were correct.
No I don’t have any clue how they picked up the transaction was bogus*, apparently neither do you. :rolleyes:
*If you read the OP closely that is one of the two questions I am asking. I don’t ask questions I know the answer to.
[/QUOTE]
Due to various system problems, the time stamp can be off. And it could have been off for all transactions at that PO for that day.
I can only guess is that somehow the system burped and scrambled some transaction numbers, which caused them to verify all those transactions.
And, no your problem does not fit any fraud pattern I am aware of which is why I am so curious. And, if there was real fraud with your real number, the SOP for any amount of fraud is to cancel that account number immediately and send you another cards, which your OP does not indicate they did.
Yes, Jurph, sometimes they do run a small charge through to make sure everything is right. But they would (as Dewey Finn) said run it through some place where there are no cameras, no Face to Face, and especially no Federal investigators. The PO is the last place I would use as a trial run. Cameras, FtF, and Postal Inspectors, not to mention other Federal agencies. Bad.
If the Bank really thought that someone had made a real copy of your card with your number on it, they would have canceled your account, mailed you new cards (with a new number), and you’d have to sign an affidavit saying you had not authorized those charges. And, the pattern of activity by the “scamster” doesn’t make sense either. So, that is why I very very much doubt that someone has made a copy of your card wih your real number on it. Rick, I do not think that you have “shit for brains”, it is just that your " guess" just doesn’t make sense.