Cultural Oddities

I take it you guys have no finding in your buttocks. :stuck_out_tongue:

That reminds me that in the RI area a big favorite is coffee ice cream as well as coffee syrup for making milk shakes and cabinets. mmmmmm… coffee ice cream…

And yet another RI area quirk: the thing you get a drink of water from is a bubbler. A water fountain is something in the middle of a park or town square and you would never drink from it.

That’s true in other parts of New England too. I grew up with bubblers (south central NH).

No, I’ve never been to Saskatchewan, but I have been to Alberta, which is very similar to the western mountainous part of Montana that I am from. I would guess that Saskatchewan would be more like eastern Montana or North Dakota.

My husband does the same thing for Wisconsin–just stick the thumb out at more of an angle.

He was born in Milwaukee, and bubbler (for drinking fountain) is alive and well there. He even got our daughter saying it for a while, but now she knows better!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It’s been 20 years but recently at a Dopefest someone asked me where in MI I was from and I immediately did the glove thing.

Wait a minute…wouldn’t you need two hands to make Michigan? What do you point with, your tongue?