Curious modding in MPSIMS

‘A lot of us’ =/= you.

Again, I wasn’t intending to criticise you. You just popped into my mind as an example of someone who has done the same thing that I just did and admitted. I probably could have come up with other examples of people who have hot buttons or pet issues that they inject into conversations when they see someone being ‘wrong’ about them. I’ve done it before as well. No judgement. I even said I was okay woth the modding, and didn’t blame the mod at all.

If you want to keep hammering me personally over this, maybe you should take it to the pit before we further hijack a thread about hijacking.

Ahh the hijack rule in all it’s glorious stupidity on display!

I respond to another poster by going way too deep into a subject that is not the subject of the thread.
Someone else responds to my “way too deep” with facts that show I may be entirely wrong.
I, with a straight face and no recognition of the irony, bleat about how the response hijacked the thread!

We did already, suffice to say, the item about Rachel Carson was mentioned also in the pit thread, it was only mentioned here as an example of ‘a lot of us’ pointing at items that are seen as gospel for decades among many on the right. One should wonder, why is that many don’t take to task the ones that made that misinformation? What I see is a lot of people who point at that misinformation are the ones that get the bile that the misinformers deserve.

Going a bit meta: Misinformation like that does poison many discussions about the environment. It matters that false things like that are designed to make one side look as mass murderers. One should wonder how unreliable a source is if their sites or periodicals don’t correct items like that after decades of getting it wrong.