Dad has dementia. Wouldn't take to having home care. I live out of state. Advice welcome

Living in South Florida as I do, and having run a 150-unit retirement condo complex I’ve learned a bit about this.

A LOT of retirees move down here shortly after they quit working.

A decent fraction of them move (back?) to wherever extended family and especially their grown children live as they age into encroaching infirmity. Then eventually move from an apartment or whatever “up there” to end up in some flavor of elder care facility depending on their needs.

And yes, some are too stubborn to move although they know they should, or they wait until they’re simply old enough that the logistics have become overwhelmingly large to their slowly but inexorably diminishing capacity. The other bad outcome is they’re fine and fully self-sufficient until the stroke or fall or car crash throws them overnight into a whole different world.

All three of these latter cases often end ugly.

Here is a recent thread on-point that both you and I participated in, plus many, many others. Lotta good info there. Somebody else here might find it useful