Dahmer Netflix Miniseries

Netflix gets rightly criticized for pulling the plug on series way to fast, alienating the viewers. Mindhunter was the one that burned me. That series is great TV and yes, the highlight is definitely Ed Kemper’s character (not Kemp). Some of the the dissociative/panic disorder stuff they did with Holden, the lead, was a little clumsy but overall a spectacular watch. I’m holding out hope that they bring it back for another season someday.

I was close =)

I would love to have half a billion bucks - I would resurrect shows that Netflix bailed out upon, even if it were something like Firefly, we could show the ‘survivors’ post Serenity, or pick up Mindhunters for the next season.

I am ambivalent about Tenche’s kid, being neurospicy myself I had plenty of opportunity to see how most of us were treated in the 60s and 70s. But many of the interviewees were well done.

That actress really pulled it off! Except for having her hair parted in the opposite direction, she looked exactly like Ms. Isbell!

BTW, Carol DaRonch, who posted that link, escaped from Ted Bundy.

So, we watched season 4 and literally the second Molly Ringwald’s face appeared onscreen Mrs. solost ID’ed her. She is damn good with faces. I would not have recognized her at all. It’s not that she looked bad, or particularly old, I think she was looking pretty good, actually, even though they clearly dowdied her up for the role. I just could not look at her and think “oh yeah, Molly Ringwald” even though i knew it was her. Weird. If I hadn’t known, and someone had asked me what the actor’s association with Ringwald was, I might have guessed …sister? Cousin?

I haven’t watched yet, but I looked this up. Even knowing it was her, she’s hard to recognize.

No, that’s not her. Just a Bundy groupie.

I’m up to episode 5. I wasn’t expecting the insitutionalized racism to be worse than the institutionalized homophobia. I just assumed it’d be the other way around.

This just in: ‘Dahmer - Monster’ to become ‘[Serial Killer TBD] - Monster’ anthology series.

Next up for S.2 - my prediction is John Wayne Gacy, since his character made an appearance in ‘Dahmer’.