Damn. Legendary Dr. Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson dies aged 75

Hmm - looks like I misremembered the album but got the essentials right.

j

Heck, I’ve always thought it was John Cale in your avatar.

Wouldn’t want to meet these guys in a dark alley !!

This is kind of a Wilko story, so I guess it’s OK here. IIRC (from one of those documentaries) the photo was taken by Dave Robinson on a flight to a gig in (I think) Lyon, France. (Dave Robinson was tight with the Feelgoods - he famously founded Stiff Records with a £400 loan from (singer) Lee Brilleaux.)

During the flight, Wilko (completely unqualified) decided he wanted to fly the 'plane. Robinson tapped him on the shoulder and took the snap - he says the controls were dead and the pilot in the seat next to Wilko was flying; Wilko claimed that he was actually doing the flying. The photo was used in promotional material around the time of the album Malpractice, with the tag-line across the top WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING…

Google Photos

I mean, crazy guy with mad eyes flies 'plane. How could I resist?

j

I remember watching the documentary about them long ago, and the thing that still sticks in my mind was how utterly depressing that Tank Island, or whatever looked. Just Dismal! Walking along some grey sea-wall, under a grey sky to a grey future.

I thought it was Bruce Lee, but I don’t see too good.
(A “Thank You” to the posters in this thread who turned me on to this band. I regret that the death of the guitar player was the reason.)