Dank Brandon (President Biden) announces Federal pardon of Marijuana Possession and use charges - inmates, review of federal laws re: same

In all seriousness, if some governors… for example, Pennsylvania… go along with this plan before the midterms it will give the democratic candidates in their area… Fetterman… a significant boost.

“Do you want an asshole who kills dogs or a stoner for Universal Healthcare? Vote Fet!”

ETA:

The pardon has been signed!

They do.

Does a pardon make them able to vote? I know felons can’t, so this wipes that status away, so to speak?

Feel free to answer that, anyone who knows… thanks.

This is a travesty! They will release a horde of mellow fellows onto the streets and it will be a nightmare!

Using “Brandon” for Biden is not worthy of this board. Please get a Mod to change it.

Are you not aware of the Dark Brandon meme that the Left (particularly the White House) has embraced?

I mean, it’s worthy of the NY Times, it should be good enough for us.

[looks left, looks right]

[Stage whisper]
He’s a politician.
[/]

Well, you know that and I know that, but we’re talking about right wing media here. They never miss an opportunity to paint Dem actions as favoring minorities over Real Americans.

::Looking at pic of Biden signing::

That’s a nice snack box that Air Force One provides, over there under the window.

To be precise, that is 6500 people in the District who have a conviction for possession of marijuana. The number of people who are currently in prison only for possession in DC is much lower, maybe zero.

No, sorry. Never heard of it until today. Thanks for the link, altho paywalled of course I was able to get the gist.

Biden is taking it back :slight_smile:

Moderating:

I was obviously not familiar with the term, ‘dank.’ I think the title of this thread plainly demonstrates why we ask posters to use clear, descriptive thread titles. Not everyone is in on the memes or the inside jokes.

I’m not going to mess with this thread title anymore, but in future, please pay heed to our rule to use clear thread titles.

To all, please drop the discussion re the thread title and use this thread to discuss the political implications of Biden’s pardons. Thanks.

Full non-truncated title : Biden Releases Marijuana Offenders from Prison to Make Room for Trump Administration

Damn, I love Borowitz!!

Better, it forces every governor and candidate up for election right now to take a position on following Biden’s call to action.

So the rescheduling thing. I thought peer reviewed studies have already been done.

Do why do we have to do it again?

I wonder how this plays out in the U. S. military justice system?

About time.