Dates in titles {Should be in the CYMD format like 2023-05-11}

That breaks down as soon as you have more than one language. For example, Canadian passports say things like 12 AUG/AOÛT 3023.

We’re talking about this board, though. While we certainly have and should have people for whom English isn’t their first language, anyone who can’t read English well enough to read the months isn’t going to be able to use this board in any case; because everything else on it (except the occasional brief quote, or discussion of terms in other languages) is in English.

And that’s not really a fixable issue; because if we picked any other language, we’d have the same problem (and lose a whole lot of our current posters); and if we tried to routinely have posting in multiple languages, we’d wind up with a whole lot of posts that most people on the board couldn’t understand. So until and unless some sort of translating program reaches near-perfection, there really isn’t any way to accomodate people who don’t have at least minimal English skills.

Do you figure we will still need physical passports in 3023?

I plan on hanging onto my physical passport till then!

I don’t think my hands will be capable of doing so by then –

It could be the new retro style, instead of those boring old-fashioned brain holograms!