Day 3 on the chapstick wagon

Oh, I love that stuff. The camphor sting really makes it feel like it’s working!!

Oh, stop DENYING yourself already!

You know you want it. You know you need it.

G’wan… one little rub of the tube couldn’t hurt. Go ahead.
Hasn’t it always been there for you? You little tube-o-relief?
Your friends deserted you… Your family, well… they just don’t understand, do they?

Just a little smear and you’ll feel just fine.

Grizzrich

Dressed as the devil on your OTHER shoulder.

Okay, guys, quit teasing. Yumblie here is trying to cut back on his Chapstick use. Can we not be a teensy bit encouraging here?

To one who has left the flock?
I think not. :dubious: :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t listen to them, Yumblie. Just come on over to what these oddballs consider the dark side and join the anti-lip-gunk movement. They’re just jealous, not having the willpower to put down the stick and all. Give them a month, then open a thread with your own tips for quitting; they’ll love you then. :smiley:
Or they will show signs of denial and pin the “problem” on you instead of themselves. But, hey! What’s the worst that can happen?

In my mind, a nation-wide ban on chappy sticks.

Despite all your help, I’ve been dry now for 8 days (lucky that I picked a convenient day like June 1st to stop). I even have the stick I always had in my pocket sitting out on my desk, and I haven’t even picked it up. Still, my lips are pretty dry…but I can beat this thing. I don’t care what you say! I will overcome this vice. And then perhaps write a movie about my struggle.

Do you control the tube or does the tube control you?

That can be taken in so many ways…I like it!
Another vote for Burt’s Bee’s and a new product by the infamous and semi-loony Dr. Bronner called Dr. Bronners Sundog Organic Lipsomethingorother. It’s glides. It’s got hemp I don’t know exactly what that is suppose to do for my lips, but I feel like I’m a part of a rebellion and it’s Ginger-Orangey in a faint kinda way.

Signed,

Shirley Ujest

Addicted to lip balm since 1981.

Well, you should’ve hit the 21 day mark by now.

Update?
Still holding strong or have you come to your senses? :wink:

My grandfather was constantly huffing that stuff. I forget which was his brand of choice but there where tubes of it in every drawer of the house and one in each of his pants pockets.

He is dead now.

Oh my God!!! I read somewhere that every single person who uses it is going to die.

I have some in my pockets and some at work and some at home. Not being able to breath through the nose sucks. On the other hand, immortality seems like a decent trade off should I deign to quit.

You think I’m kidding? That stuff is even more dangerous than dihydrogenoxide.

Well I still haven’t come to my senses yet, but what a long 20 days it’s been. I’m not sure if I should be honored or embarassed that people are showing interest in my fight against this horrible addiction.

Apparently, everyone who becomes addicted to chapstick dies eventually. That’s one method of death averted! Now I just have to figure out how to get over my addiction to this H20 stuff.

Let’s not forget this classic column.