[QUOTE=D_Odds]
True, Duke, but then the 350K boat is doing 3.5 times the work, and is splitting the pot more ways, and has a higher operating expense. I don’t think it evens out, but it does bring it closer.
I did feel sorry for Blake, especially as he was dumping crab. Looked like a banner year for King Crab. Too bad we won’t see him hunting for Opilio - they said he was taking the season off.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, looked like a monster year for crab. Maybe the quotas have such an effect. Not a bad few weeks of work for a boat owner – pay a couple hundred thousand in expenses on a million dollar gross. Damn.
It’s interesting that Sig has to deal with an artificial time limit now, due to the changing prices. Just like the good old days.
Speaking of which, I’ve been watching season 1 in reruns, and that was crazy. The season only lasted a few days, so if you had trouble like a bad prop or a guy with the broken arm, you just deal with it I guess. Otherwise you’d end up with no money at all because the season might end while you were at the dock. Very dangerous.