Debunking Psychic John Starkey

It’s a man answering!

You really can’t convince someone who’s fallen hard for a “psychic” that they’ve been fooled, other than reminding them of the complex of techniques and trickery that such folk employ and seeing if it rings any bells. Ultimately you can’t instill critical thinking capacity into a person who is unreceptive to it. It’s like trying to teach a spaniel puppy to play Brahms.*

There are those who have the drive and energy to do this. Believers won’t care, and/or they’ll just latch onto the next “true psychic”.

I’ll reiterate that I (and anyone who’s “open-minded”) would settle for the alleged psychic repeatedly demonstrating his/her abilities under controlled conditions (and not making excuses for inevitable failures).

*right now I’d settle for “Chopsticks”, or at least an end to puppy nipping. Those teeth are sharp.

That’s actually not an unreasonable position to take. For example, if I found my accountant was embezzling from me, it wouldn’t be reasonable to conclude that all accountants are crooked. On the other hand, if I’ve tried 5 accountants and they were all crooked, and as far as I can determine based on available evidence, everyone who’s ever used an accountant has been cheated, and there seems to be no good evidence that any accountant anywhere has ever done any good for their client, then it’s time to entertain the idea that the whole profession is a sham. At that point it’s no longer necessary to “prove it from scratch” with each individual; it’s up to the accountants and their apologists to provide some “proof” that one of them is legit.

:golf clap:

Thanks, I’ve ordered Blood Lite. I see there’s 2 more anthologies in the series.