Did Bush fake a Katrina photo op?

It’s a shame - okay, it’s not a shame, it’s an annoyance - that you’re incapable of responding with anything except stupid hyperbole. I hope you don’t put much effort into this shit.

The link to the senator’s statement was about levee repair efforts, which were far less extensive after the presidential party left. Still possibly a matter of deceit, but of a different level of inhumanity than that implied by the OP.

It’s not like we need to make up stuff to prove the administration is incompetant.

Tris

Right. Everything in the world boils down to national party elections, politics as a spectator sport.

You’re playing for the other side in the dreary, endless fight against ignorance, Stephe96. Not because of your beliefs but for your blatantly thoughtless, unreflective boosterism.

Maybe you aren’t a slathering twit but man, your navel-gazing rants sure make you look like it, huh?

Mostly it’s wrong because it didn’t happen:

stephe96, how come the heartless actions of some people in the Superdome offend you enough to condemn the thousands around them here but the Bush administration’s heartless actions* are worth crowing over?

• I’m not saying yet whether I fully believe the reports of faked photo ops or suspended helicopter flights, however I rather depressingly believe them possible.
    but stephe96, I do believe your logic is fatally flawed by your desire to come into threads you have no intention of constructively participating in and pointlessly and baselessly stirring people up. Must be the only stimulation your little mind can get.

And that’s why I called it a bagatelle.

I’ll admit it, I had to look that one up.

I could go for one with a shmear of honey almond cream cheese right about now actually…

Understood, but I guess I’d prefer in future that you called it a lie. Because really, the sort of person who insists on believing it is gonna have trouble with those three-syllable words.

Plus there’s that whole unsavory French thing.

Well, if you want to get really technical, estate law wasn’t even his last job. He hasn’t done that since 1990ish.

His last civilian job was as the Judges and Stewards Commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association. Basically, his job was to enforce rules at horse shows. And he didn’t even do that well. He was forced to resign from the IAHA in 2001, under mounting litigation.

http://www.horsesass.org/ Go to the “BREAKING NEWS: Mike Brown still unqualified to run FEMA” section

Nice, eh? I can see clearly how enforcing rules at horse shows provides the training and experience to be head of our nation’s biggest disaster agency.

Oh wait. No, I can’t, because that’s fucking retarded.

Of course Bush always stays loyal to a fault. He’s got to find a place for that FEMA guy. Hey wait a minute, Rehnquist just died!

Spot reserved for Pat Robertson. Law degree from Yale, dontcha know.

I don’t see setting up photo-op Potemkin villages as Bush’s idea at all. I daresay he genuinely believed he was seeing first-hand the government’s late-but-superb response to the devastation.

No, I think his handlers did the setting up. They can see how he’s plunging in the polls, feel the wrathful heat building across the country, figured it was time for some desperate shoring of the PR levees.

But why tell Bush? He doesn’t need to know. Just map out his itinerary, tell him what he’s seeing, and pray to their twisted little god that he doesn’t say anything too egregiously stupid while he’s off their scripted leash.

Cynical? Me?

Yeah, and there’s more possible non-evil explanations, too. Perhaps there were other supplies in the area already, and the moved supplies went to an area that had none or more refugees to support. Or maybe only some of the supplies were taken away, to support refugees in another area, and the people who saw them only assumed the entire distribution center was being taken away.

I find this administration pretty corrupt and stupid, but what nefarious use would they have for a food distribution center? Are they catering the Halliburton company picnic with Red Cross emergency rations?

I’ll reserve judgement on this one until we hear more, if we ever hear more. I doubt we will, though.

Horse shows…mounting litigation…heh heh…

I’ve been trying to find out evidence to support or refute the original allegation. So far, all I’ve read that is remotely similar are these things from two different German television stations:

From ZDF:

Babel Fish translates it as:

If these are what the person was referring to having seen on ZDF, it is quite a bit different to say that there were clean up crews working only around the president than to suggest that they actually set up and then dismantled food distribution centers. It’s not that cool to have him pose in front of clean up resources that aren’t being used in their most needed locations, but it’s not as bad as faking the distribution of basic necessities.

If this is what was being referred to in the link I cited in the OP, it is distasteful but not particularly remarkable on Bush’s part.

I don’t know why he (or his “handlers”) felt it necessary to go into NO itself since a no-fly zone surrounds him. That means the helicopters doing search and rescue were grounded during his visit. If he, or someone, had just told the media “The President is not visiting No itself during this trip because he does not want his security concerns to slow down rescues” I just might have a drop of respect in the currently empty place that should hold the respect I was brought up to feel for the POTUS.

You’ve gotta be kidding. Can you imagine the lib howling we would hear if Bush had said, “Nah, I’m not going?”

I don’t mind being shot down on this if someone has a factual rebuttal, but was the spot the President toured one of the levees that had been breached by the storm, or one that had been deliberately breached to allow some of the water to flow back into Lake Ponchartrain? If so, it could be that the Pres showed up while the levee was being opened up and the later flyover occurred after the project had been finished? I’m just askin’ here.

Oh, and on another subject:

Dude, you do understand the concept of the Straw Man argument, right? You do recognize that it’s a logical fallacy and invalidates your position, right? If so, why have you used this form of argument dozens of times in the past few days?

Just askin’, again, 'cause I can’t help noticing that it makes you look like a bit of an idiot.

And I imagine that you’ve heard of exaggerating for comical effect? Just when I think the liberals cannot sink any lower in their mindless, irrational hatred for George Bush, someone comes up with ‘He staged a photo-op at the flood!’
Do any of you realize that anywhere that any US president visits is, to a certain extent, “staged?” The SS has to secure the area and that might mean moving heavy pieces of equipment around. The WH press corps has to be accomodated. Jesus Christ, you people, the president is not just going to hop out of a helicopter and dash into the midst of a potentially dangerous situation without the region being secured beforehand.
But I suppose none of this matters when your each and every waking thought is, “I hate Bush.” You’ll grasp at anything. Truly.

So, yes, I believe that most of you would believe that Bush had personally wrestled a wheelchair out from under some crippled kid

I don’t know what thread you’re reading, Stephe96, but what I’m seeing here are people digesting reports of behavior from their president that seems too horrible to be true and doubting it, but who are also unable to find any evidence to the contrary and who are afraid their worst fears about the man’s character are true.