Did Bush fake a Katrina photo op?

Bush is “harming” them? Jesus Christ. Is that an “Air America” or a Move-On talking point? Not only is Bush not “harming” anyone, a majority of Americans don’t even blame him for what’s happening! Here’s the poll: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/03/national/main814625.shtml
Americans are broadly critical of government preparedness in the Hurricane Katrina disaster — but far fewer take George W. Bush personally to task for the problems, and public anger about the response is less widespread than some critics would suggest.

Stop listening to Michael Moore for a few minutes and you might learn something.

On the other hand, you still support Bush even after everything that went on this week and over the last five years, so there’s clearly nothing too stupid or absurd that YOU wouldn’t believe it.

Show me a post where I’ve said I “support” Bush on anything.

The staged photo up thing is ridiculous, of course, but Bush diverted funds from repairing the levies in NO to fund his war, and FEMA has declined under his leadership.

Polls of the American people just reveal how ill informed they are.

Ha ha ha! I love it. “Blame the public.” Will you follow through with this ‘logic’ if we find a poll in which a majority of Americans do blame Bush for the hurricane?

Sometimes the curtain drops and we see the great and powerful Oz.

Do you support Bush on anything?

I’m not “blaming” the public you idiot. I’m just saying their response on polls doesn’t mean anything. 75% of the public beleives that angels personally watch over them.

75% of those polled so, not the public.

I dislike Michael Moore, I haven’t listened to anything but NPR for years, and I didn’t know MoveOn.org even had talking points.

What am I supposed to be “learning” from the poll?

Bush’s popularity in the polls is at its lowest point ever. Do you dismiss those results out of hand?

I hate to quote myself, or respond to myself.

But what do you say about this? If the helicopters were grounded, what were the big flying things behind him while he spoke? Mutant mosquitos from the chemical spills?

Polls on public opinion reflect public opinion. Nothing else. The media seems to think the polls mean more than public opinion.

As I understand it, it happened when he was flying over the area, not when he was making a speech.

Huh? The polls “reflect public opinion?” Then why did you say this in the above post? * I’m just saying their response on polls doesn’t mean anything.*

Which is it? Are the polls meaningless? Or do they reflect public opinion?

Look, it’s very clear. When 51% of the country supports Bush, it means that glorious democracy has spoken and any opposition, dissent, or Constitution that disagrees with the agenda needs to get out of the way of the Will Of The People.

When 51% of the country opposes Bush, it means that polls of the uninformed rabble are unreliable and should be ignored.

Simple, really.

Actually (and I’m not entirely sure you’re addressing me here), I fully believe that Bush’s popularity is at its lowest point since he took office. I think the polls are accurate.

Did your mother knock back a lot of sixers when you were incubating, or what?

The polls reflect public opinion, and only public opinion.

Why did you bring up the poll? It’s not proof of anything but what some (not all) Americans think, which has nothing to do with whether or not the photo-op was actually staged.

And I just have to take a moment to comment on the other vileness of this quote:

Niether did the levee. :wink:
[/QUOTE]

You filthy, disgusting, heartless excuse for a human being. I don’t believe in Hell, but if I’m wrong, I have no doubt about where you’re headed. How do you live with such sickening indifference and even schadenfraude?

Screwed up coding; that should read

You filthy, disgusting, heartless excuse for a human being. I don’t believe in Hell, but if I’m wrong, I have no doubt about where you’re headed. How do you live with such sickening indifference and even schadenfraude?
[/QUOTE]

You can insult me and criticize me and whatever else you want to do…but that was still a good line! :slight_smile: