Did Clinton REALLY sell/give nuclear/missle secrets to China/North Korea?

You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

To avoid further embarrassment, you should probably read up on what Appeal to Authority really means.

In the meantime, I will assume since you do not challenge my facts, you accept my conclusion. Please come back when you have something meaningful to contribute.

Here’s an article from Pat Buchanan doing exactly that. link.

El Mariachi, Here is a pretty good tin-foil-hat summary/screed of the “Clinton is a treasonous cocksucker for the Chinese” argument from the right.

And here is a summary of the aforementioned Cox Report that claims the PRC stole plans for the W-88 warhead from us. Pretty much no evidence is given that this happened, but what the heck.

This is all, of course, obviously Bill Clinton’s fault. :rolleyes:

Ah, here we go – an actual substantive refutation of this pile of allegations. Take it for what it’s worth. Thanks Google!

This page summarizes the charges and is highly critical of the Cox committee report and the circumstances surrounding it.

So, apparently, this whole issue seems to have the same high standing as any number of made-up anti-Clinton tripe from the right. That is, none.

Nobody seems to have absorbed the fact that the whole “Wen-Ho Lee” affair was a witch hunt, orchestrated by then Energy Secretary Bill Richardson. Mr. Lee was imprisoned, and held on the flimsiest of charges. The judge on the case apologized to Mr. Lee-but Bill Richardson refused to talk about it…even Bill Clinton was appalled by the shoddy treatment of Mr. Lee-though (in typical Clinton fashion), he never did anything about it! (I think that after the whole thing was over, Bill actually said that he was “disturbed” by the affair-smal comfort to Mr. Lee and his family!)

It’s not about Clinton. But just as he takes credit for the economy contemporaneous with his administration, he gets the “credit” for Chinese nuclear modernization.

As for the usual “right-wing” accusations and bluster, ho-hum. Wait a decade and we might find out part of the real story.

Alger Hiss comes to mind. Left: “He’s Innocent!” “He’s Innocent!” “He’s Innocent!” “He’s Innocent!”

[conclusive evidence proves he spied for the Soviets]

Left: “Spying for the Soviets wasn’t that bad!” “Spying for the Soviets wasn’t that bad!” “Spying for the Soviets wasn’t that bad!” “Spying for the Soviets wasn’t that bad!”

“Look, over there, a picture of Joe McCarthy!”

Clinton never sold…he gave it away;

Please note that this thread was opened in January 2004.

That’s some hilarious scaremongering. Other top stories on the Center for Security Policy include:

“No Christmas future for the Middle East?”
“Al Gore Profits from the Stealth Jihad”
“Center Report Reveals Radical Islamist Views and Agenda of Senior State Department Official Huma Abedin’s Mother”

Ah, so that’s what those burkas are really all about. It’s not about the oppression of women; they’re all actually ninjas!

Her mom? They couldn’t pin more on her than her poor choice in husbands and now I’m supposed to be scared of her mom?

I’m not sure if this qualifies, but here’s one from Sen. James Inhofe:

http://inhofe.senate.gov/pressreleases/chinaupdate.html

Obviously, you’ve ruled out anyone on Fox News.

No, it’s not true. But Ronnie Reagan’s brain, Lt. Col. Oliver North did give missiles to the Ayatollah.

The NewsMax article WhoBeen quoted from is from 2003, by the way. Somehow that part of the scandal failed to take root.

Col North was Reagan’s dick, not his brain. Donald Regan was his brain.

Only twelve more months to go!

BTW, neat to see how the Right was once “scared of Howard Dean.”

clinton did,of course. did north give ICBM missiles to the Ayatollah?

This Washington Post article is the most credible and historical explanation I have found regarding Loral’s involvement with providing missle guidance technology to assist with Chinese launching commercial communication satellites. We as Americans should have been launching ALL of our satellites to prevent this technology transfer, instead of trying to save a few bucks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/loral053198.htm

I hope this helps.

This Washington Post article is the most credible and historical explanation I have found regarding Loral’s involvement with providing missle guidance technology to assist with Chinese launching commercial communication satellites. We as Americans should have been launching ALL of our satellites to prevent this technology transfer, instead of trying to save a few bucks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/loral053198.htm

I hope this helps.