Did Hitler's "Blitzkrieg War"Philosophy Doom Germany?

They wouldnt be a nation anymore if they didn’t have some sucesses… but still its pretty funny how badly they fared in other instances. Italy too.

Add to that great disasters like Agincourt and WWII... and its a bad reputation you've got. 

The americans are lucky they haven't had enough time to accumulate defeats... thou Vietnam is one.

Ok Rashak we will have to learn how to live with our differences. Besides it’s a little stupid judging a country/culture/civilazation for how well they fight. Yes, the mongols were great warriors, so were the Spartans but they left no Saint Sophia or Great Wall when they faded away.

I would like to say that I ment the whole “The French can only win when no led by a Frenchman” as a joke, and I should have included a smiley face to indicate that. And I do know the French have produced a number of perfectly compentant military leaders - just not that many in the last 100 years.

… I remarked tha it was “primitive”. This is because I read once that the turret had to be maually trained. Also, the drivers were issued hammers (in case the gearshift levers got stuck). Other than that, the T-34 was an excellent design…it was better than the german PZKW-Mark IV, in most respects.
Oddly enough, the Germans WERE NIT the inventors of the modern battle tank-the basic design of the modern tank was based upon the patents of one Walter Cristie (an American engineer), who invebted:
-the tank suspension system
-the tanl tranmission
-and, the rotating turret mechanism.
Nobody ever seems to give the USA enough credit!

Thats because the basic design of a MBT is not dependent on Christie patents, he just designed particular versions he didnt invent the basic concepts and there were other designs then his. Rotating turrets for instance are an old idea that long pre-dated Christie as can be seen from 19th century ironclads. Putting one on a tank was an obvious idea, and tanks with revolving turrets were being built within a year of the first combat appearance of tanks, namely the French FT-17 of which they built circa 3000 during WW1. Ditto with suspensions, there are many designs earlier then his.

Based upon factors like crew layout freeing up the commander from gun/loading duty as was common in many contemporary tanks, I’m inclined to give credit for the first true MBT to the German Pzkfw III.

Add to that good “panzer” tactics for the first real tank armies.

The T-34 was in good part helped by the sloping armor too… which the panther series took in later.