Did the Loyalty Oath Hurt Bush in the Debate?

Hell, I’m disappointed that the moderator has instructions to kill the mike if someone has the audacity to ask a question that hasn’t been vetted.

Well, among (a lot of) other things.

IIRC correctly the “loyalty oath” is a signed statement that you intend to vote for BC04 and that your presence can be construed as an endorsement of BC04 and that your name may be used for that purpose as BC04 finds appropriate.

It said:

herby?

The Love Bug?

Ah, you beat me to it! Here’s an editorial about it. Salon is Premium, but anyone can get a free day pass (every day, not just once) to read anything. You just have to watch a commercial.

I saw an actual copy of the form, but I don’t remember where. Maybe The Daily Show.

This was discussed, but I guess only in the Pit.

And note that “for reelection of the United States” – whatever that means.

Tell you this: by the way he is so isolated, Bush would be eaten alive in a British House of Commons session that Tony Blair has to attend each week.

One thing I’ll say about parliamentary democracies: the leaders of all parties have to put it out on the line, over and over and over, until you really get a feel for what they are made of and what they represent.

I think people are giving Bush far too much credit. Kerry didn’t win because Bush performed poorly. Kerry won because he (Kerry) performed well.