Did your paper show today's Dilbert?

You, I find myself sympathizing somewhat with Stinky Pete – having to work among all those Philistines who have no appreciation of creative fartistry!

For my part, my body odor is by all accounts negligible, but I am a man extraordinarily gifted in flatulence. My preferred performance metier is the so-call silent-but-deadly form, with the sewer-gas variations as pioneered by the immortal Stinky Horgenheimer. An unorthodox combination, I’ll admit, but it won me a bronze at the winter games in Helsinki in '98! :slight_smile:

Hypothesis: People who are interested in using the internet, but do not have access at home or work, are more likely to be a) homeless and without easy access to personal hygiene, or b) socially out-of-it enough that personal hygiene is a relatively low priority for them.

I’m sure practically none of them are homeless, at any rate. You can spot those at a glance (or whiff, as the case may be). We’ve only one homeless guy who regularly hangs out here.

The paper that I work at ran it. I don’t think anyone really gave it a thought. We haven’t received any complaints about it. I just thought it was kind of dumb.

~Tasha

Anyone who doubts Scott adams’ comic wit should check out his blog, where he frequently dispenses biting sarcasm that far outshines the confines of his three-panel strip. This recent entry, for instance, easily made up for several months of meh-quality Dilbert strips.

Not that I’m saying the “Stinky Pete” strip was a flawless classic, but I think one of the drawbacks of Dilbert nowadays is that Adams is getting a bit constrained in what topics he can address.

I think its DAMN funny! I actually laughed out loud.

I like a good poop joke, and I didn’t think it was particularly funny or offensive.

I’ve had to work with a few “Stinky Petes” before; those comic strips are rather accurate.

I thought it was funny; those first two panels are gold, Jerry, gold:

“I was jogging to work and eating an onion sandwich when I spotted a sewage spill. So I did what anyone would do in that situation – I rolled around in it.”