Digital photo editing software suggestions?

Nice shot. I guess I’ll circle back and check out the Nik offerings after I acquaint myself with Lightroom as a baseline. But you bring up another point, about stitching panoramas: the AutoStitch app on my iPhone seems to do a much better job than the Canon bundled stitcher. Are you saying Photoshop (not Lightroom) is the software you used to do the stitching in the above finished picture?

Can you explain what you mean by the borders being available online? You mean as add-on filters to either LR or Photoshop, or yet another tool that can add border effects to pictures?

It does seem like the sort of thing that could or should be rolled into just one photo editing app - the color and exposure modification, trimming, cropping and angle rotation that my free DPP software does just fine; then add in panoramic stitching, filtering and border effects and text labeling (font and placement) and simple graphical objects like adding circles and arrows (which I currently use Windows Paint to do), and saving with a new file name while rendering to JPG, leaving the orginal RAW image untouched.