Disputing my warning/suspension

Are all the mods on vacation? having a seizure? Why is this thread still open? Are incels and sealions the new target demographic of this site?

Who are you saying is an incel, and why, and who is a sea lion, and why? Neither of those things are really being displayed in this thread.

Um, no?

I think the mods acted appropriately in shutting down the OP’s thread, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to have a discussion of why that was appropriate and what it implies about good debate hygiene in general.

Those are great points, and you’re right, that would’ve made the thread more appropriate for a discussion in GD.

Have you read this thread?

I dispute the validity and sanity of any claim that there is any debate to be had.

I am not interested in being part of a board where you can “seriously” ask if rape is bad.

(Nevermind: I remember your response in the original thread— you’re a loon)

Of all the people to call a loon. I disagree with her on several issues but I take anything she says seriously. Maybe its just me but I dont feel comfortable calling anyone else loony knowing that I have been wrong many times.

What response in what thread?

Certainly not either of these?

The genetically bottleneck thing

How does that make her a loon? She was right.

I agree with @SenorBeef. I haven’t been a poster for 20 years, but I did lurk on and off for at least a decade before I joined, and the open and wide-ranging discussion was one of the things that drew me.

By all means require content warnings and serious treatment of serious topics, and disallow contentious issues in the more chatty forums, but don’t ban discussing them altogether. I mentioned that I found an earlier hypothetical from @Max_S disturbing enough that I muted it, and I still don’t want to see difficult topics made off limits in GD.

(And what’s up with the posters saying ‘white male’? What on earth does race have to do with the issue?)

nnnn/mmmm

This is getting a bit out of hand for ATMB.

If anyone has a compelling reason to re-open this, send me a PM. Otherwise, you all know where the Pit is.