Do Any Neighboring Nations Have a Better Relationship Than The U.S. and Canada?

Well after the William Shatner and Celine Dion fiascoes the border has been tightened up a whole lot. We have a lot of talentless American hacks who need work overacting and belting out love ballads. Like Erik Estrada. Curse you TJ Hooker!

Hey, we aren’t all tight you know!!:smiley:

And my experience is that the general Scotsman is too generous for his own good. :wink:

(The idea about tight Scotsmen is actually originally an internal Scottish joke told by a Glaswegian comedian about Aberdonians).

Confession time, I’m an Anglo Scot .father was a Glasweigan (Blantyre)

The next half-round is on Lust4lLife.

After NAFTA, I think it is pretty easy/automatic to get a visa.

But a German doesn’t need a visa to work in France. A German doesn’t even need a visa to look for work in France.

Once more, with feeling:
(to the tune of “Clementine”)
There’s a castle, on a mountain
High above, the river Rhine
Tiny nation, since creation
High elevation, Liechtenstein.

Just as soon as this dreadful cramp in one of my hands allows me to reach my wallet.

Oh crap its in my other trousers !

Again!

That was beautiful.

I have been to Canada without a passport by air multiple times, all in the 20th century. Usually no problem. Once I had difficulty getting into Canada, but it was minor, and they seemed more worried that I’d have difficulty getting back. Once, when I was in high school and didn’t even have a passport, I had to undergo a serious grilling. I was born and raised in the US, California accent, obviously American. My mother was travelling with me, also with no passport, but she was a Canadian re-entering the US illegally. She was lectured by the American customs officials on not bringing my birth certificate, but she was not even asked for her own ID. The system works!

(Coda: She is now a US citizen, in case anyone tries to round her up and deport her based on this post.)

Huh? You’re Australian?!

I used to sell timeshares. It was an explicit policy of the company that are telemarketing department was NOT to call and “Vans” or any other variation of Dutch names.

If they did so, and the people turned up then the telemarketer would not be paid a commission on that couple.

I thought a Dutch name in the US meant Old Money
I don’t get it?

In the US it might, I dunno.

In New Zealand it was often said that the dutch could have been fish (there arses were watertight)

If your company has a fixed job to do, yes. If you just feel like moving there for no fixed amount of time to see what life is like, find a job, etc. - not according to what I’ve heard. (Never tried myself).

After a short period of conflict, the Duchy of Grand Fenwick and the USA developed the closest of ties.

I fucking love you guys.]]

It makes me feel better about working with Jocks who have an inabilitey to buy a rounds

Thank you! We get forgotten far too often.

Signed: Professor Kokintz

(High-school production in 1976 or '77.)

It’s very unfortunate we do this sort of thing, but it was not done because he was Canadian. Being from Canada, and having a Canadian passport had absolutely nothing to do with it. Whether he really was a terrorist or other sort of security threat, who knows. But it was not animosity towards canadians.

Maybe we can eliminate countries that have ever fought with or invaded each other. (As their current entity or by a previous one). That would rule out ireland and England along with Scotland- I think from other threads that the USA and Canada have had a few wars.

I think Germany has fought everyone apart from Tristan de Cuena so they are out.

Australia and NZ are okay. Australia sent armed forces to PNG during WW 1 so that precludes them (Germany was in power there).

(This post is mainly tongue in cheek btw).