Do Brits keep left when they walk, too?

OK, I’ll take your word for it. I’ve only been to Tokyo and Sendai a number of times. I assumed it was the same way all over Japan, however you bring up a good point… I was over-generalizing. I’m sure there are other places in the world that have adopted an opposite protocol for escalators and moving walkways…

glee

Sorry mate. I’m starting to wonder if you’re a previously undiscovered personality I never knew I had.

Canada drives on the right, as does the USA. But I believe that, prior to 1923, the Canadian provice of Nova Scotia (NS) drove on the left. NS changed because of the increasing number of collisions at the border with New Brunswick, which drove on the right.

There was a thread about this quite a while ago with a URL to a history site in NS.

I don’t know whether any other Canadia provinces drove on the left. If so, they changed very early on in the age of the automobile.

As for standing on the right/walking on the left on escalators, this is the official policy in the Toronto subway as well, with advisory signs on most escalators.

“Kiu frenezas? Cxu la mondo aux mi?” -Persone