Do Cop stickers work?

You are 12 years late, buddy!

Another option, of course , would be to drive within the speed limit …

Not sure about other FOP organizations but in Colorado an FOP group had hired a private fund raising company to collect money. Practically none of the money made it back to the FOP and the fund raising company has numerous complaints filed for pushy, aggressive tactics. I refused to donate to them and they would continue to call even after I told them to get me off the call list.

The Texas State FOP is almost a total fraud.

If you ‘donate’ 10 bucks to the organization, you will be lucky if 25 cents of that goes to any charitable or otherwise benevolent works.

The fundraiser gets about 80% of the donation, or the first 8 dollars of your $10.00 donation. Two bucks goes to the FOP. Overhead expenses eat up almost all of the two bucks.

The Tx FOP organization does do two things that I know about: they provide a small insurance program to the officers who belong to their organization. If they lose a finger, they get about $100.00. A hand is worth about $500.00. A life, $1,000. These are single, one time payments. I believe they also offer small school scholarships in about the $500.00 range to members or children of members.

The organization claims they provide anti-drug literature to school kids, but none of my kids ever brought home any literature in all the years they have attended school, so this claim is dubious in my experience.

I had a long, drawn out battle with the Tx FOP several years ago and posted about it on here. They are pushy, rude, and will lie to you about who they are. They will claim you donated in the past. If you say you didn’t, they will claim it was your spouse.

They are not a charity and should not be calling in the first place, but get around the “Do Not Call” registry by claiming that you had a relationship in the past. If you try to say you are on the "Do Not Call’ list, they will hang up before you finish your sentence so they can claim you didn’t tell them.

Somehow I wound up on their “annoy” list. They called me so many times, I started to keep a list of dates, times, the name of the caller, and how the conversation went. I tried everything- politeness, rudeness, conversation, hanging up, etc. Nothing would stop them from calling here.

One time I told the fundraiser that I would donate to his charity if he would donate to mine. He said he wasn’t allowed to conduct personal business while at work, so I offered to take his number and call him at home that night. He hung up on me! LOL!

I wound up calling and emailing the president of the FOP to complain about the incredible number of harassing phone calls I was getting from their fundraiser and he claimed it never happened. He said that they record all their calls. I invited him to review the tapes of my calls and he just quit contact with me. I wound up filing a complaint with the Texas State Atty General. While I never heard back from them either, the calls did finally stop.

While this was going on, I tried to figure out if they were indeed a charity and what services, if any, they provided. The whole thing is a scam with a very, very thin veneer of service.

Right.

Most of those telemarketers have nothing whatsoever to do with the local PD, and thus, no, the sticker won’t help. They are almost entirely scams.

Hey, I’ve got more posts than handy!

There are a lot of things that help keep you from getting pulled over. Don’t drive a beat up car, or one that’s been painted to look like IHRA funny car. Don’t have your stereo blaring music loud enough to be heard 6 blocks away. Have license plates on the car. Don’t hold your rest your beer on the window sill as you drive. The list goes on, and if you stick to the rules, by the time you get down to the FOP sticker you’ll see that you weren’t going to get pulled over anyway.

The cops I know and others I’ve talked to either don’t care about your sticker, or they dislike brown-nosers.

Beyond the stuff you listed, they do also represent police officers in litigation.

Basically: Don’t be poor. Because that’s just about the worst crime.

Significantly more! I’m impressed!