"Do I make you a little horny? Well strip down and get naked!"

After a hard day on the Hill, some Congressmen curl up in bed with a good book. Others, just a page.

Making doubly sure you’ll be joining Pochacco in Hades, I see.

Always was pretty much a forgone conclusion, in my case.

From Roll Call, by way of Talking Points Memo.
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Isn’t the Boner a likely candidate if something dreadful should befall Hastert?

At any rate, looks like an Ethics Committee investigation is pending, and Dennis could be in a lot of trouble. One can only hope that no scandel mongerin

(Cue sound track: Mad About the Boy…)

no scandal mongering media hounds get on this story…

(How the heck did that happen?)

Stop that!

Stop it, I say!

:smiley:

If only someone could actually prove Troy O’Donovan Garity knew about Foley and planned on keeping it secret until after the election. I’d like to see the GOP spin that!

Clearly, hoping to keep it under wraps until after the election.

Why doesn’t Tom Foley use bookmarks?

He prefers to bend over his pages.

So, say things had gone according to plan, after getting reelected the story inevitably breaks, Foley steps down, and there’s a special election. I believe a candidate must win a majority in such an election. Presumably this favors a Republican in Foley’s district, as is the case in Delay’s, if I recall correctly. It’s going to be a tough year. They need every seat. Gotta make…pragmatic decisions.

Hell gets even more crowded.

Remember the “Lewinsky” neologism? Not sure this is hi-profile enough to add some wonderful new term to our vocabulary, but an alternate defintion for getting “paged” sure has interesting potential.

We’re saving you a spot.

Oh, yeah. Guaranteed.

Ooo, goodie. Thanks for keeping my seat warm. Not that it really will need it.

Hastert wasn’t the only one who sat on the story

(emphasis mine)

Liberal media, what? If this had been a Democrat, imagine the ruckus.

Mark Foley (R-Florida), not Tom Foley (D-Washington, former Speaker of the House).

I knew that too. Right before I started typing, I told myself “remember it’s MARK Foley, not TOM.” I don’t know what happened. :smack:

My apologies to Tom.

I thought that was the page’s line, not yours! :smiley:

Ruckus? Oh, its a pretty safe bet there will be ruckus. Rectum wrecking ruckus.

I so misread that…

Can someone tell me what a “page” is please?

Watching the Republicans this year is rather like watching the controlled demolition of a high rise. Just pop some corn, pull up a chair, and watch the collapse. The party of “family values”- harrummph!

Errand boy, for all practical purposes. Remember pages around the courts in Picturesque Reproductions of Days of Olde ™? Same idea. They’re high school aged boys and girls who attend school part time and work congressional offices part time, giving them valuable experience and the Congressman both free help and an in with a group of constituents.