Do people have too much freedom?

I believe the semantics arguments have stolen the thread. It began with freedom limits, and it’s effect on societal safety.

Take the example of a maximum security prison, notice they periodically have to sweep for weapons; crime is rampant; it is dangerous from many perspectives, including biological risks.

The following is an admittedly narrow-scope subject/scenario, there are probably as many other worthy areas of discussion as there are of you on this board. All of them important aspects of personal freedom, and the effects of too much or little of it!

Zoom out to a normal neighborhood, where the law keeps a low profile and an indeterminate number of law abiding, workaday citizens are armed. Those bad guys from prison are acutely uncomfortable in such a neighborhood, especially where they suspect a high rate of armed citizens.

They usually prefer to work where the citizens are more defenseless, which usually means where freedoms have been taken away. By the neighborhood, state or country.

I offer England and Australia as examples of a populace experiencing “troubling” increases in home invasions and such.

And I always feel similies should be enabled…

BC