Do The Chinese Think We Are Idiots?

The Chinese look down on everybody, not just the US.

I believe she’s simply reporting the fact that there is a lot of uninformed chauvanism to be found among ordinary Chinese. If you don’t like it or don’t believe it, go live there a couple of years and then get back to us.

That was pretty uncalled for. even sven neither said nor implied any such thing, nor is she remotely similar to Ann Coulter. You don’t have the vaguest idea what you’re talking about.

I’ve never understood the viciousness that’s directed at even sven from some quarters when she shares her firsthand experiences in China. There must be some kind of sore point for them that she’s inadvertently bumping against, but I’ll be f**ked if I can figure out what it is. :confused:

Heh, whatever. I’ve never been compared to Ann Coulter, though!

My point is that the US government seems to be doing everything in its power to benefit China, as we are-we import their stuff and give them access to markets. So why are we complaining about the massive deficit? It is a totally predictable conclusion.
Or maybe, the Chinese are amazed by how cheaply American politicians can be bought-and how loyal they are to their owners? As the Chinese general who conveyed a paper bag full of cash to VP Al Gore once said :“we like your president”:o

If this two part video is any indication, some of the Chinese people think Americans are idiots.

Don’t you ever want to make up any new bullshit?

The purpose of an economy is consumption, not production. So if we are sending them money and they are sending us goods, then we are getting the better end of the deal.
I would like to think that the Chinese have found a way to make money investing in Africa, but the history of such endeavors would merit skepticism.
Being jealous of the economy of China seriously overlooks how poor China was before Mao died. It is like looking at a prisoner who makes 2 dollars a day making license plates, got released and is making 7$ dollars an hour busing tables and being impressed at the huge raise he got.

I called the China yesterday and asked. They said “yes.”

Not to mention how poor average Chinese are. China’s per capita income is $3,700. Americans’ per capita income is $46,000. Even “the other Chinese” (ie., Taiwanese) earn nearly five times as much.

If I was Chinese and I was involved in making all the junk that Americans sell in dollar stores or as souveniers, yeah I’d think Americans are idiots.

Ask and ye shall receive…

Chinese Factory Worker can’t believe the shit he makes for America.

When I was in China, everyone was very friendly and wanted to meet Americans. The fact that you would choose to vacation in their country and had the means to get there was foreign to many of them at the time. I might describe the feeling I had as minor resentment more than “thinking we were idiots”. I think we as Americans are viewed as being very wasteful and worrying about problems that don’t exist in their world. But at the same time, I think they recognize that being able to worry about “non-problems” is a result of the achievements our country has made and the lifestyle we lead.

It surprises me as well. As far as I can tell, she is the only poster here with any personal knowledge of the topic or any significant qualifications to have an opinion on the subject.
Anyway, I am glad she chooses to contribute to threads about China.