Do you consider the SDMB to be "social media?"

I’m not sure that I could say that most of my Facebook friends “know me personally”.
I’ve met them all at some point but they mostly tend to be people like the kid that lived down the street from me when I was six, people I met on vacations or at retreats and conventions, distant cousins I haven’t seen since I was a child, or their kids who I’ve never met at all, people I talked to at my last high school reunion, someone that was in the same yoga class a few times, …
Very few of my Facebook friends are actual friends in the sense that I have any sort of current non-Facebook connection or contact with them. I feel I “know” many of my fellow Dopers more closely than I “know” my Facebook friends.

It’s funny. The only people that seem to protest the idea is old people. I imagine they do this because “Social Media” is a stupid thing kids do, and they don’t want to be associated with something they have such negative views of.

I’ve met several Dopers. And they were witty and fun. But you could make a good case for calling it anti-social media.