Do you ever follow pro basketball?

Well, I tried following the Bucks this season. They had a good run for about 10 games, but now it seems they are in full tanking mode. I am so sick and tired of following a team with ‘lockerroom problems’. I would trade Jennings for Lin in a heartbeat. If someone would take all of his 2013 salary, I would trade Stephen Jackson for a 2for1 Arby’s coupon. As for Andrew ‘what-do-you-mean-the-offseason-is-for-improving-my-game?’ Bogut . . . I’ll take anything (other than salary) that anyone throws at the Bucks.

Actually, I hope they are in full tanking mode, but they will probably end up with just enough victories to end up with another crappy middle of the first round draft pick.

The Bucks slogan should be: “Come to Milwaukee - Is 20+ Years of Mediocrity Really That Bad?!”

not at all. I love sports, but I’d rather watch **anything **else, including soccer or a “Joy of Painting” rerun. The NBA bores me to tears.

this is interesting to me how many people on the boards don’t follow the NBA much. I thought it was number 2 behind football.

Easy why that is… this boards skews old… nothing personal (im 42) and the NBA skews really young… my son (14) and his friends are NFL and NBA crazy… he attends a mostly white private school and has a pretty mixed bag of friends (racial… income… etc)
They love the NFL and NBA… baseball? Their dads and I talk baseball… the kids like to go to the occasional game but from what i’ve seen… playing it is okay…watching it… not happening…
Again I’ll re-iterate I’m a baseball fan!! (White Sox 1… Cubs 2)
The ratings for the NBA have been way up… and it’s pretty big here in Atlanta even though the Hawks suck…

I certainly wouldn’t say the Hawks suck. They’re a playoff team.

I keep up with it. This year in particular I was moved to buy the NBA League Pass due to the play of Ricky Rubio – though only a 500 team (The Wolves) at the moment, they are certainly on the uptick and with Rubio running the offense & Love & Pek crushing the boards, they are a lot of fun to watch. Which I do, almost without fail. Should they keep those three together and get a legit SG, I think they have a tremendous upside and could become legit contenders in a couple of years.

So yeah, I’m hooked again.

I’m paying a lot more attention to my Knicks with the emergence of Jeremy Lin. I’ve always kept track of them, followed the standings and the news, but since Patrick Ewing left, the team has been very hard to watch. At least for now, they’re playing exciting competitive ball, so I’ll make more of an effort to watch the games.

When is Melo supposed to come back? After the All Star break?

He played in the Knicks’ last 2 games.

And the Knicks just picked up JR Smith, which makes me somewhat depressed as a Nuggets fan. The guy is instant points and high entertainment. He had 2 awesome alley-oops from Barron Davis last night.