Do you feel weird the day after a migraine?

I tend to get the painless migraines – the optical ones where my vision gets progressively covered over by a slick of colour. I certainly feel less than well immediately after an attack, and if I’m out working, I turn tail and head for home. Definitely a fragile, other-worldly feeling. Folks who see me like that say my skin goes pale, and I look “grey”. Not a good scene. Usually okay the next day, though.

Oh, so you did them a couple of times with strippers and that makes you assume that I took a popper and that’s why I got a migraine? :rolleyes:

Again, just because you know something about a poster does NOT mean you get to interject that information into every thread they post, even ones completely unrelated such as this one.

To everyone else, thank you. I feel much better today.

That’s sounds exactly like what happens to me. Once I had a purely visual migraine and still had the next effects.

Alternatively… many women get migraines around the time of their period.
Seems like a simpler explanation to me…

Yup, I’ve suffered from them since my early teens. Luckily over the years they’ve gotten much less frequent and after I had my son back in 91, they’ve gone to maybe once or twice a year instead of somewhere around 2 to 25 times a month (yes, as a teenager I could count on somewhere between 1 to 5 of them a week, sometimes one every single night by the time I got home from school)!

My mom was the same way, she had them frequently as a young teen, they disappeared almost entirely when she had me, and then came back after my little sister was born 4 and a half years later (IANAD, but I think I remember there being some correlation between the headaches and female hormone stuff). Now that she’s older, they’re pretty much gone.

I always felt sort of “washed out” like a pale paper version of myself with zero energy or ability to even halfway think straight. But that too has diminished as I’ve gotten older.

Another migraine and migraine hangover sufferer here. Not unusual at all in my experience.

I get opthalmic-only migraines, with hangover. The hangover includes fatigue and anxiety.

I think of as “the aftermath”, and I feel disconnected and dreamy. I sort of enjoy it, especially in comparison to how I felt during the migraine.

This is how I feel, too. It’s like a hangover, but more pleasant.

I’m so glad I found this page. My migraines have gotten worse since I started perimenopause and the fog the day after as well. I felt so alone with how I felt and trying to explain it to people I felt like they werd thinking I was lying. MIGRAINE HANGOVER, FUZZ, BLAHS, WHITE NOISE…SUCKS. I was laughing and crying reading everyone’s posts because here was how I was feeling!!! I’m not crazy! Well at least on this issue. Something I’ve found that has helped the fog is plenty of watr or Gaterade. I’M sorry we all have to deal with this. Take care!