Do you like sriracha sauce?

^This is pretty accurate for my opinion and experience too.

OTOH, I put Cholula on everything lately.

I have never heard of this sauce, but after looking at the Thrillist rundown on Sriracha vs Yellowbird, I’ve placed my order on Amazon for the habanero sauce. My wife is not going to be happy with yet another condiment in the fridge.

You are going to LOVE it. Wonderful stuff.

Will look for it. Thanks!

This thread has been bothering me all night, because I can’t articulate why I don’t like the stuff. I really love spicy food, and I particularly love spicy Asian food. This should be a winner for me.

It just lacks-- clarity. The garlic tastes musty and preserved, the heat is faint and overpower by the garlic-sugar funk, and the stuff is so thick it lays limply over dishes rather than becoming a delicious part of them. I prefer a bright, clear, strong flavor from my hot sauce, I guess.

I make my own by just - surprise! - mixing the two together. Good with meatloaf.

Go straight to Amazon.

The habanero is of course the hottest. But the other two are excellent in their own right, especially the serrano sauce. I put a stripe of the hab on tacos, enchiladas, hot dogs…you name it.

The garlic is in the form of garlic powder, so perhaps that’s what you’re reacting to.

Any additional marital strife caused by taking up valuable shelf space with hot sauces I will blame on you then. :slight_smile: I think at this point, I really should just get myself a condiment fridge.

I like sriracha; we’ve been using it since before it was popular. I never really liked tobasco type sauces, and anything with horseradish or wasabi makes me physically ill.

But my go-to spicy flavoring is simply good quality kimchi. Put a couple slabs on a burger or sausage. Scoop out some juice to drizzle on eggs or other things that need a kick. And it’s fairly healthy too.

I like it fine, but like Snowboarder Bo I’m in the throes of a love-affair with Cholula, so I’m not eating much cock sauce.

(every pun intended)

It has become my go to topping for popcorn (mixed with melted butter and a minced half clove of garlic) and I love it on bacon. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, line bacon on the sheet, squirt a line of sriracha down the middle of each slice and sprinkle the works with brown sugar,and bake. This is my idea of heaven.

I have the following sauces in my pantry right now. Each has their place but I think Sriracha is fairly low in utility for me.

El Yucateco Green (go-to sauce if i’m cooking Mexican dishes)
Dave’s Insanity Sauce (good in soups and chili)
Cholula (another good go-to sauce)
Louisiana Habanero (eggs n such)
Nando’s Hot Peri Peri (chicken)
Classic Tabasco
Sriracha

I like sriracha on some things, but I’m more likely to put Frank’s Red Hot on stuff at home.

Tabasco and Sriracha are very different things. As sweepkick says, each of many sauces has its place. Tabasco is a Louisiana-style hot sauce (just salt, vinegar, and peppers), so it’s great with American food. Choula is a Mexican-style hot sauce that is good with Mexican food. Sriracha is an Asian-style hot sauce and goes well with Asian food. Or course there is crossover, and Sriracha, especially, compliments many kinds of food.

But since the sauces are different, I can see how one would like one and dislike another. Even with Louisiana-style sauces, there’s one that I find not worth using.

I like Sriracha, I like the food I make with Sriracha, I like other sauces I make with Sriracha, but I also dislike just about everything advertised as ‘Sriracha flavor’.

Yes, it’s good. I’ve sauces I like better, some a lot better. But I enjoy it.

It’s really too hot for me, but I like it, so I have to be very careful in applying tiny amounts.

I’m not big on spicy foods, but every once in a while when I need hot sauce, Sriacha is what I reach for.

Since she’s gonna be irked already, you might as well order a bottle of Secret Aardvark hab sauce at the same time. Different approach to the same pepper - more of a Caribbean/Tex-Mex fusion.