Do you watch death/murder/torture videos?

No fucking way. They’ll rot you from the inside.

I don’t seek them out but will watch if I come across it. I’ve seen enough death and destruction in person to make watching it on video seem almost tame.what bothers me more is a Joe Theisman type injury. That I can’t stand watching.

Every now and then. I watched “1 lunatic 1 icepick” out of morbid curiosity because people said the moment of his death didn’t actually seem to be filmed and then felt ashamed of myself afterward. I have not watched any of the ISIS hostage murder videos.

Worked in tertiary care center ICUs in the 70s and 80s. ICUs/Burn units. No need. Not bent that way anyway, and if there had been a glimmer, seeing a bunch of dead people cabled together with one living moaning (Wah Mee Massacre, Seattle, 1983) would likely take care of that. I was moonlighting at Harborview that weekend. Got flack for taking so long to fetch a unit of whole blood from the ER blood bank for the trauma unit upstairs- but the ER was just jammed with stretchers and LEOs.

Fuck no. I’ve been known to disregard “do NOT google it!” comments on occassion, but torture videos, hell no.

Real life or horror movie? I generally do not watch horror movies, but I’ve made a point of watching various real-life executions by terrorists. I watch to witness the horror so that it’s not an abstract thing.

Worked in an ER many years ago. I’ve seen the results of a number of bad accidents and worse decisions.

Also, I grew up in a semi-rural area, and I’ve seen people slaughter/hunt animals. I know what violent death can look like.

I don’t need to see the results of human-on-human barbarity, TYVM.

I voted “yes, some” because I don’t really see a difference with “one or two”. I think I have seen three of human on human deaths, and I find them all distressing to some degree. I watch car accidents from afar without a problem. A machete attack was the most horrifying thing I have ever witnessed, simply the worst, I turned white as a ghost after watching it. It is one thing to see a bus t bone somebody, because hey nature is sometimes crappy, but quite another to see other things.

No, because pain and death are IMO among the most private things and I owe it to the victim not to needlessly violate that privacy just out of curiosity.

I don’t even watch such scenes in movies. <shudder> No thank you.

Never watch them. You can never unsee something.

No, not at all. No interest whatsoever. Someone mentioned skateboarding falls and crotch hit videos – I don’t know if it’s odd, but I definitely enjoy those (the “Jackass” style slapstick), and laugh endlessly at people doing really stupid and dangerous things (as long as they’re not seriously hurt).

I’ve visited documenting reality dot com. The videos and pictures are sometimes of interest to me, depending on their context and provenance. Random accident or murder scenes hold no particular interest to me.

Hell no. (Mostly) movies don’t bother me, I have a tough stomach, but I found I don’t even like watching real soldiers in action, even if they’re not getting shot (but in combat). I don’t want to see real people’s pain and suffering. What you put in your head stays there for life. And I never want to watch torture or beheadings, ever.

Hell no, but I used to. When I was first pregnant, I found I couldn’t bear to read true crime anymore, and that extended to watching it.

Hell to the no. I can’t even sit through a gory movie when I know it’s all fake blood and special effects.

One of our regular clients at work is a Muslim hating shithead who watches the execution videos so he can go around being all outraged over the details, but thankfully the boss put a stop to that the first time he tried it at the office.

I have seen some, but as I got older I just said F-it. I have better things to do and I know enough about death to not want to sensationalize it.

It also takes a piece of your soul each time you see it.

Only once and because I didn’t know it was coming.

A friend of a friend was a photographer for a news station and had some footage of a suicide. My friend played the tape for me without telling me upfront what was on it. For what ever reason my friend seemed to be fascinated by the tape and watched it over and over. Once was enough for me.

I have seen a couple of them. Such things are so far outside my everyday experiences, it’s the kind of thing I can’t even imagine.

I mean, you see it in movies all the time, but Hollywood is generally so far from the truth that my imagination is probably the better resource.

A couple times was enough though. If anything, the truly disturbing part is the realization that raping, murdering, torturing terrorists are not really all that different from the rest of us except for the raping, murdering and torturing part.

I give presentations on industrial safety at work, and a common part of these is always gruesome workplace injury photos in with the PowerPoint slides. In the last few years I’ve deleted them, reasoning that I’m training adults who’ve probably already seen the real thing by now in their lives, not a bunch of high school kids who’ll laugh at highway car crash and drug overdose movies from the Perlinger archives.

However, I did use this photo (SFW) as a Christmas card to all my co-workers, wishing them a safe holiday.