Do your pets like music?

The Divemaster’s macaw loves music. She’ll dance with me.

None of my current crop of kitties pays any attention to music, but one of their predecessors, my darling boy Murphy, did. The minute I had music on, he’d come find me, purring. I’d scoop him up and we’d ‘dance’ together. I miss him every day.

No disparagement of your singing was intended. :smiley:

I was pondering the situation you described as a “pack-bonding moment”, trying to imagine it from a canine perspective, but the guitar kept popping up.

My Boston Terrier hated music. She would whine and twitch and howl when the radio alarm came on in the morning. Or a theme song on the TV.

She was a great dog otherwise…but she could not tolerate music.

My bulldog didn’t care one way or another. too lazy.

The ringneck parrots liked The Doors and yelled when the CD ended until I played it again. The cockatiels were indifferent to The Doors but reacted to Led Zeppelin–Music Man hated Kashmir.

Jimmy the cockatiel once tried to sing and dance to Aqualung, which was a rather amusing sight.

My lovebird Beaker loved music of any sort. He used to stand on a speaker and dance to “Sweet Home Chicago”. The entire lovebird family loved the bagpipes, too, and would hang from the cords connecting the pipes when my spouse or I played them. Junior the Lovebird would sit quietly on my shoulder when I played piano. After he had his stroke I would play and it would soothe him (it took the poor thing a couple months to regain the strength and coordination to fly, AND he had crippled legs since a baby. It was a nightmare but he *did *recover and live several more years).

The current flock of cockatiels and conure also like my piano playing. At first Griffin the Conure wasn’t too sure about the whole thing (the older cockatiels just looked at him as if to say “will you *stop *being hysterical already?”) but now he gets excited whenever I walk near the piano. If I sit down at it he gets really still, as if afraid an incautious move might scare me off, then happily perches on my shoulder for as long as I care to play.

It seems like the birds are definitely the biggest lovers of music! Makes sense, I think.