Does anyone know the truth behind Desmond Harrington (Quinn on "Dexter") weight loss?

I never go on message boards…or forums…so sorry if I seem like a n00b. I am.

It’s a question nobody knows the answer to, but has prompted three zombification attempts. So four lots of people have read it, but nobody has had anything worthwhile to post.

Are you kidding … baby fat ? My husband and I both noticed his gaunt look and his weight loss. I was guessing his age at somewhere around 50 … and was shocked to read he is only 37 years old.

37? I would have guessed around 28 or 29…

Perhaps another zombification, but it isn’t great ettiquette to talk more about thread zombification than what the thread is originally about. (all of you who have done it)

That being said, I noticed this the episode the change happened. Later in the series he looks completely famished. I’ve looked everywhere and still to this day, lmao, 6 years later, we’re still clueless.

He has a painting in his attic that he occasionally dabbles with.

This thread has been viewed so many times, and keeps getting resurected because it’s one of the first results in a Google search of “Desmond Harrington’s health” and Desmond Harrington weightloss." That’s how I found it.

I hadn’t seen him since Dexter. I just saw an episode of “The astronauts wives club” and didn’t recognize him. I was trying to figure out why this character was so sick, and why the actor looked familiar. Wow. I don’t know how he looked when this thread was started, but no sane person would call him healthy-looking (or good-looking) now. He’s freskishly thin and sick-looking. His arms are bones with skin stretched over them. He looks terminally ill. I’m sure something is wrong, whether he recognizes or admits it or not.