Does postal mail get delivered to high-crime areas?

Back in my UPS days I was a summer sub sent wherever needed. I delivered mail in every part of the city and suburbs. Nobody cut me any slack or told me to be careful or moved me to carefully selected nice areas. Just me, a mailbag bigger than I was, and a can of spray for the dogs. If I didn’t deliver mail to a house, it was my fault.

There may be certain times and places in which this isn’t true today, but the mail gets delivered. And meters get read, and cable and telephone crews connect lines, and the power company works their lines, and delivery people deliver packages. The real, ordinary, everyday people outnumber the thugs in every neighborhood. I don’t care where you live.

But most very high crime areas have very restrictive gun laws making it next to impossiable for the mailman to legally carry it.

Hmmm I wonder if there is some sort of relationship between those restricitve gun laws and crime rates.

I’ll have to ask a fellow in the fire company if it’s legal for him to carry while he’s delivering. I don’t think so, but he has a CCP as does another mailman who was a former LEO and deputy sheriff.

I have noted signs in the Post Office indicating that I can’t have a firearm on postal property, which I guess makes it technically illegal for me to leave my weapon in the truck while I go inside to buy stamps.