Does Snopes deliberately seed the site with erroneous info?

Sorry… Mr PotatoHead is my famous uncle, not me. I’m just a regular old spud (I’m not even from Idaho).

I’m also sorry if I misrepresented your leaving. I could have sworn that when you told snopes he couldn’t find his ass with both hands and a flashlight it counted as “a huff.”

No offense, Spud, and no offense meant. At least you’re not as half-baked as some! Another problem I was beginning to have with snopes is that I felt by even creating a ‘lost legends’ area and deliberately filling with false information for the ‘fun of it’, they were squandering their most valuable asset, i.e., their credibility. It’s one thing to enter the section from the main board; it’s another to follow someone’s link and read an entire entry without realizing that, just below the apparent last line, there’s a teeny-tiny line of type telling you, in essence, that everything you’ve just read is nonsense, or relying on an audio clue to do the same.

Hey, it is almost impossible to offend a tuber.

I’ll agree that there’s lots of good stuff here, and snopes is painfully slow these days, but hey… it’s home.

Just try to think of the lost legends as a “copywrite trap.”