Dogs at Subaru dealerships

Which doesn’t explain why they put the Worst Roof Rack in the World on the last generation of Outbacks. Really pissed off a lot of canoe and kayakers.

I just put a space box on top of my 2010 Outback and it works as well or better than the roof rack on my old 2004 model. But that’s the only thing we use it for, no boats for us.

Interesting (and I lovvvvvve me some Kate McKinnon). Does that go for the sporty models too?

I’m 33 and jealous. And also immature.

I believe the Outback is a better “outdoors” car than the Forester?

I think you’re in the clear as long as your spoiler is under 9 inches.

What is wrong with it? I haven’t checked up close.

The BRZ is partially a Toyota.

I am all for it, cute idea. Good for Subaru!

Well, the roof rack was clearly designed by someone who has never tied anything to the roof of their car and was then implemented by people who never tried tying anything to the roof of the Subaru to see if the design was any good. The side of the rack is a solid piece of plastic, so if you put any sort of board material (e.g. plywood) on top of the rack, there’s nothing to tie it to. The crossbars are too close together which means that longer canoes and kayaks don’t get adequate support. And there’s no easy way to adapt standard wide racks like Thule or Yakima, so you can’t carry wide watercraft, or more than one or two. This, despite the fact that the Outback is practically the official car of the whitewater canoe/kayaking crowd.