Donald Trump is America's worst mass murderer

Right, and I should add that that led to a bigger deficit in almost all states, caused in great part by the excessive costs in the efforts of getting that PPE. When you see Trump telling congress to not send economic aid to the states now…

Well, I just think about the people that will die (not just because of corona) when states will be forced to make cuts in their health care and other programs that are related to the well-being of the people. Point here is that I do think that more people will have to be added to Trump’s deadly count.

Actually some US presidents started wars that killed millions so Trump doesn’t win that award yet.

Six months

I’d add LBJ and Nixon for Vietnam.

No, it isn’t. He INTENTIONALLY withheld federal distribution of PPE, forcing states to bid against each other for equipment; this caused the infection rate to increase. He INTENTIONALLY downplayed the risk (later admitting this) in his speeches, along with downplaying mask use. Had he come out at the beginning and told his followers that wearing a mask was the patriotic thing to do, we would have far fewer infections in the US, meaning far fewer deaths. No, Trump didn’t hold anyone down and FORCE the virus into them, but he held many maskless superspreader events posing as rallys. And these are the most OBVIOUS ways he increased the death toll.

I wonder what the medical result of the latest super-spreader event will be, some of those zombies will have been carriers - the event that the Trump faced one egged on

So it looks like at just about the time of the official end of the Trump presidency the Covid death toll will be a nice round 400K, just a day or two shy of the number of US soldiers killed in the three and a half years of fighting WW2.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Well, the President just urged all Americans to wear masks for the next 100 days. Says doling so will prevent 50,000 deaths. Says it is the most effective way to stop the spread.

If only, IF ONLY…Trump had said this 7 months ago, how much better of a spot would we be in? How many deaths would have been prevented?

Little to none, because he would have contradicted himself the very next day…if not the very next hour.

Minute.
End of sentence.
Next word.

So, your position is that Trump lying about the severity, pretending there were cures, lying about how quick it would end, mocking mask use, making the PPE situation worse, stopping the USPS from delivering 5 masks to every household in the country, holding immense non-socially distant rallies, and his focus on re-opening the country and brute-force herd mentality did nothing?

Nobody else died because of his specific actions?

Like zero? If we’d had a competent leader that didn’t do those things the same number of people would have died?

That’s a bold claim.

He quit WHO during a global pandemic. That is just an astounding act of malice and incompetence.

Biden inherited a vaccine roll out plan from the Trump Admin.

Except, it did not exist.

Cite?

For which ones? All of it?

Also, if I provide cites, will you accept that Trump caused those deaths? Because I’d hate to do a lot of work if you’re just a huge dipshit that can’t think.

Edit: Not that I’m saying you are, I just want to set the ground rules.

I read a guess that a normal medical science based response would have reduced deaths by at least half , maybe 2/3rds. So of the 410K deaths so far, we can place at the very least- 200,000 on trumps doorstep, maybe 300,000.

Now, we can lay **116,516 ** useless American deaths to Wilson for dragging us into WW1. However, if we then go on the blame WW2 as being caused by Wilsons stupid involvement in the Great War, clearly Wilson wins. That, however is a bit of a stretch.

So yeah, Trump “wins”.

I think W Bush has to be ahead of Trump, last count I saw was about 600k dead Iraqis as a result of his war. When you look at the presidents presiding over slavery and the slaughter of American Indians, Trump drops even farther down the list, but he’s a huge asshole, that we can agree on.

What the hell, I have twenty minutes.

Lying about the severity:

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

“99%” of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless.”

"What happens is, you get better” after being sick with COVID-19. “That’s what happens: You get better.”

And literally hundreds more.

Pretending there were cures:
About Hydroxycloroquine:

"What happens is, you get better” after being sick with COVID-19. “That’s what happens: You get better.”

About Light / Bleach:

“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.”

“I happen to be a believer in hydroxy. I used it. I had no problem. I happen to be a believer,” Trump said on one occasion. “It doesn’t hurt people,” he commented on another.

About other Cures:

Lying about how quick it would end:

The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

Perhaps the above is technically true, but he was certainly trying to mislead people.

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

The pandemic is “getting under control.”

Mocking Mask Use:

“I don’t wear masks like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from it, and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve seen,” Trump said, bragging about the large crowds of supporters at his outdoor rallies, many not wearing masks.

“Well, I’m tested, and I’m sometimes surprised when I see somebody sitting and – like, with Joe. Joe feels very safe in a mask. I don’t know, maybe he doesn’t want to expose his face,” Trump said on Sept. 16. “There’s no reason for him to have masks on.”

Making PPE Situation worse:

Stopping the USPS from delivering masks to everyone in the country:

Holding Immense Non-Socially Distant Rallies

This would include events at the White House.

The Push to Re-Open and get Herd Immunity:

So, @furryman, can I expect that now that you know this information, you’re willing to admit the idea that Trump caused many thousands of American deaths is less silly than you initially thought?

Since the company that made asbestos was held responsible for the deaths it caused, then Trump was responsible. On the other hand why do Trumpists follow Trump and believe anything Trump says? If there’s some word for a combination of stupid and insane it should be “Trump”

And yet, he was an authority. One of the highest in the land. The scientists and agencies reported to him. And he deliberately misrepresented what they told him. When the scientists went to the media, he mocked them. He encouraged the people who were supposed to be able to rely on him to engage in actions that threatened their very lives and the lives of everyone around them.