Donating $0.01 to a charity, hpw much in administrative costs for the charity to process it?

I also like how he tacks on an “IMO” to it, as if simple addition was a matter of opinion.

“This 990 shows that the CEO’s salary is only .5% of the organization’s yearly budget.”
“Not by my opinion.”

It’s interesting what Duke says about penny-givers ending up being big lifetime givers. I’ve seen some charities who appear to be attempting to cash in on this: The initial beg-letter comes with a penny (or sometimes a nickel) taped to the letter, with a request that you send it back. Presumably, they hope that someone who sends back the penny will be a return donor just like the people who decide to do so on their own.

The Humble Bundle people indicate that it takes at least a $1 per person to handle their charity stuff, although they’ll let you contribute less than that. Granted, they are paying multiple charities and probably aggregate the money.

They do take out fees, but that’s up to you on how much you give them. Giving people the choice to stiff them apparently works out.

Charitywatch rates charities on the ratio of Money Received to Money Spent on the Cause. There are quit a few A+ & B+ grades…

But I have Planned Parenthood listed as my charity recipient at AmazonSmile, which means Amazon will donate literally pennies (or mills) to the charity when I make my typically paltry eligible purchase.

Presumably Amazon waits until month-end, or quarter-end and then sends Planned Parenthood the combined contributions of all of its customers who designated Planned Parenthood for their charity.

You just made them some nice change. Now they can sell your name & email, etc.

:mad::rolleyes: