Dork Injury: I sneezed my back out today

Aw, I really like “neezed”!

Yes. I was told the story by a mountain climbing friend about 10 years ago, but it kind of stuck with me.

Sammy Sosa injured himself this way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1802931

From the article:

One of my best friends once dislocated his jaw while yawning. Full on dislocation with a trip to the ER and everything.

We’ve never let him live that down.

OOOUCH!!!

In a show of dorkly camaraderie: a couple of years ago, I had to call in to work sick because I had thrown out my back.

While getting dressed.

Those cotton underpants’ll getcha every time.

I leaned over to put a foot through the appropriate part of the garment, and :::SPROING::: said my back.

:::whimper::: said my mouth.

I got myself dressed… somehow… then laid down on the bed and phoned the office to say I would not be present that day.

You’re in good company. I’ve partially dislocated my shoulder playing air hockey, which I have also reinjured doing such simple things as getting out of bed.

Then there was the time I hurt my back jogging and had to go to the ER. I still don’t know what I did wrong…

Two nights ago, I’m lying in bed when one of my cats climbs on the bed and starts walking on me. I push him towards the foot of the bed, look down that direction, and pull a muscle in my neck.

Dumb cat.

One Saturday morning about 17 years ago I did it while halfway between standing and sitting. I was wearing nothing but a nightgown at the time, and my room-mate and her boyfriend got me dressed and got me in to the ER. I was messed up for a week.