Drat! Miracle Whip left out overnight

Miracle Whip is Mayonnaise? :confused:

Technically, Miracle Whip is (salad) dressing=But it is also technically mayonaise… it is mayonaise but it has additional ingredients, namely sweetners, flavorings, and vinegar.

Personally, I like Mayo and MW, I don’t think one is better than the other, they’re just different. I do think Miracle Whip makes better Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad than mayo, however. Most people add all kinds of sweet ingredients and other flavorings to the mayo in these salads and never balance it right. MW doesn’t have this problem, though… it’s perfectly balanced and is a perfect dressing.

Also, I generally like sandwiches with mayo, but sometimes mayo just seems too overwhelming and cloying in “fullness” of mouthfeel and it makes me a bit nauseous (I’m guessing it’s all the oil). I actually prefer miracle whip sometimes, because it is lighter.

if you decide not to eat the m.w. that was left out overnight, you could use it as an exfoilant. it is really good at it, esp. after a cast comes off. it is the only reason i buy it.

just slick it on, wait about 5 minutes, then lightly rub, when you have rubbed off about half your skin, rinse, soap up, and rinse again. the soap up is really important unless you want to smell like salad dressing.

You can use Mayonnaise with Lemon to polish brass. It doesnt work as well as brasso, but it’s natural. I probaly wouldn’t use miracle whip to polish brass, however. The sugars wouldn’t be beneficial, might get sticky.

I take that back, apparently MW can polish metals, or at least according to AC and Charlie Bradley:
Household Hints: Handy Household Uses for Miracle Whip Salad Dressing

I almost forgot, I like Dijonaise. Either off the shelf or of my own making. I like it on natural casing hotdogs, with catsup.

My ex-wife and her crew, many years ago, used one or the other as a hair conditioner. I forget which. They were all ac/dc too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Miracle Whip is NOT mayonnaise.

Considering how evil Miracle Whip is, leaving it out overnight might’ve caused it to develop sentience. I’d watch myself if I were you.

Also, another advantage of Miracle Whip is that it never curdles or seperates as Mayonnaise sometimes does, as an ingredient. Very stable.

Exactly. If it were, the jar would say, “Miracle Whip brand mayonnaise” instead of “Miracle Whip brand salad dressing”. Even Kraft knows it ain’t mayo.

Which is a good thing, because mayo is Evil.

Your naïveté is endearing.

Has anyone ever taken this question to the Supreme Court?
Seeing that MW is made of egg and oil, I’ll bet it would pass muster. (mustard ;))
This thread has made me hungry for Miracle Whip. I shall get some today if the greedy folks at Raley’s have the store open for business.
I’ll put it on a tomato sandwich and call it “mayo”.

Has anybody tried that lime mayonaise that they sell in the Mexican food section?
Mayonaise or Miracle Whip, I’m sure we can all agree that that reduced fat stuff makes serial killers out of otherwise sane men/women.

Not the Supreme Court, but another federal agency. It doesn’t pass the USFDA definition of mayonnaise, which requires mayonnaise to be at least 65% oil by weight, at least 2 1/2% acidifier (either vinegar, lemon, or lime), eggs (either whole or yolks), and any of a small number of other permitted ingredients. Starches (Miracle Whip uses modified food starch as a thickening agent) are not on the list of approved ingredients for mayonnaise, and the oil content is less than 65%, hence its designation as “salad dressing.”
Link to PDF of FDA identity regulations.

I was e’re hopeful.

This has always disturbed me. Somewhere out there someone is right now sitting down to a heaping plate of iceberg lettuce and Miracle Whip? Shudder.

FTR, I can have either or. I just can’t handle having no sandwich lube at all. Dry sandwiches make the baby Jesus cry.

Tuna, egg, potato, chicken salad or any like that for me. Just about any mix-in.
I prefer italian on my iceberg lettuce.

My parents lived on board a sailboat with very limited refridgeration for four years. They never put the MW or Mayo in the fridge while they lived aboard. They are still with us (20 years later).