Dryer balls: do they work?

We use dryer balls and they do help soften the clothes and get them dry marginally faster. On the downside they are unbelievably noisy.

oh no… not chemicals. I’m very scared of words like “chemicals.”

That’s it. I’m never exposing myself to chemicals again. Ever.

I use a homemade dryer ball when drying comforters and pillows. It’s a few densely rolled terry hand towels tied into a ball with cotton twine, about the size of a jar of peanut butter. It’s got some weight to it, but doesn’t bang around the interior of the dryer, it’s more of a gentle thudding.

Dryer balls? They make a powder for that.

And I was thinking that the whole secret business of Daddy Dryer meeting Mommy Dryer and the perpetual availability of new baby dryers at Sears would seem to indicate that the dryer balls are functioning properly.

:smiley:

As fas as the purported laundry aids are concerned, not so much.

I did try a cheeseball once, but the results were less than optimal.

Apparently sodium bicarbonate is not a chemical.

Acetic acid may also be exempt from the nomenclature, but we will have to wait for confirmation on this.

Let’s forget anything we know, chemically, about surfactants, and just call it soap.

:rolleyes:

Be afraid. I’ll bet your clothes get coated every wash with a chemical called “DHMO” which is a constituent of many poisons and other nasty things.

Never noticed white vinegar smell lingering after the wash. Of course, I mostly (rarely) use it to get rid of something worse, cat pee.